GAME #146, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2018, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 12, 2018, 02:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on September 12, 2018, 09:58:49 PM
Yankees lose 3-1. Sox lead is now 10 games.

Twinkies coming through at just the right time. Magic number should be down to 7.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

I had been targeting about 108 wins for them if all held together.  Now they can hit that by going .500 the rest of the way while the Yankees can't win more than 106.  The bigger worry for the Yankees (and the Astros) is the A's.  1 behind the Yankees for the home wild card game.  Astros are now only 3 up on Oakland.  These could go down to the wire although the Astros finish with Toronto and Baltimore. 

Price looked good but deserved more run support.  Like everyone else I was pretty concerned with just about anyone coming in there.  Thought Price could easily have gone another inning but also good to get him out with no runs.

markj

While I celebrate the 100 win milestone, I'm still concerned about the lack of offense. Our one run last night was courtesy of a wild pitch. You can't go far in the post-season hoping for errors by the other team.

Bill-806

Proud to be a RED SOX FAN since  1947 !!!  Or, the early 1950's as I got old enough to know what the SOX brought to Massachusetts & NEW ENGLAND !! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl