6. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
7. Teoscar Hernandez (R) LF
8. Aledmys Diaz (R) 3B
9. Danny Jansen (R) C

Gametime Forecast: 76°F • Drizzle • 32% PoP

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 11, 2018, 09:56:27 AM
Weather looks to be miserable. I hope Sale is back to form.

So do I markj.  We need a healthy Chris Sale for our team to have any real chance to win the division and advance deeply in the post-season.  The weather has sure been as miserable this summer as I can remember in the East.  Rain and more and more rain.  Even as a conservative I am fully in the corner that climate change has reared its ugly head.  Out here in California it has been unseasonably hot, I mean real hot, and even though I have always preferred hot weather to cold weather what we had out here the past two months has been unbearably oppressive.

Speaking of hot I hope the Red Sox come into tonight's game and the next two series like the weather has been out in my neighborhood.  After an off day last Thursday the team came to Fenway on Friday is a trance and simply stunk up the joint against Houston in a game we should have won, and it carried over to the whole series even though we did salvage one game.  I still believe there is something very off with this team; I just can't pin it down completely but it bears no resemblance to some of our previous great teams.  I just hope that starting tonight we begin a successful big push where players, coaches and the manager are in sync and we play as we should play as a potential WS team.....I emphasize POTENTIAL.

longgame

We're hot here before the storm headed our way.  I'm far enough inland that my biggest worry is some wind damage from close to tropical storm force winds and any related power outages, but my son will be headed here and I've told my business partners to do the same if they're stuck as they're all further east and right where the low looks to want to stall.  I hurt my knee hiking Sunday but hoping to hit the trail on Thursday if I can before the storm hits on Friday.

Should be interesting with the weather how they manage with Sale tonight.  Probably not great to thrown him out there on a crappy night.  I just checked though and it looks like it will be fine, cloudy and low chance of rain.  Has anyone heard if there's a pitch count on him and what that is?

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on September 11, 2018, 02:51:39 PM
We're hot here before the storm headed our way.  I'm far enough inland that my biggest worry is some wind damage from close to tropical storm force winds and any related power outages, but my son will be headed here and I've told my business partners to do the same if they're stuck as they're all further east and right where the low looks to want to stall.  I hurt my knee hiking Sunday but hoping to hit the trail on Thursday if I can before the storm hits on Friday.

Should be interesting with the weather how they manage with Sale tonight.  Probably not great to thrown him out there on a crappy night.  I just checked though and it looks like it will be fine, cloudy and low chance of rain.  Has anyone heard if there's a pitch count on him and what that is?
As DAD would say..... "SON, show me a hurricane off HATTERAS & then watch out for BUZZARDS BAY" ????? iono iono iono iono

Schloicka

Bad throw home by Kinsler gives 1 run and the guy who went to 3rd on the bad throw scores on a bloop hit. 2-0 Jays. Sox need to find their bats.

markj

'Bout time they scrape up some offense. A rare misplay by Pillar. He doesn't do that too often.

markj

I hate watching these guys just stare at pitches that are right over the plate. Then they K swinging at something in the dirt.

markj

Although when they hit a home run like Holt just did, I can forgive and forget. :-)

Schloicka

Schloicka

markj

markj

markj

Twinkies are actually up by 5 over the Yanks in the 5th. Hope they can hold that lead.

BoSoxFanNY

Joe Mauer just hit a grand slam against the Yankees.
Twins 10 - Yankees 1.

MAYBE the Twins can actually beat the Yankees tonight!

Sox are up 7 - 2, going to the top of the 9th inning.