markj

BoSoxFanNY

STRIKEOUT!

OMG - I was about to go out
AND stayed and watched this game.

Sox WIN!
9 - 8.

elktonnick

This team is amazing!  Even Cora's lineup and Pomerantz ineffectiveness can not stop this team😁

Schloicka

Workman with the win. Kimbrel with the save. Outside of Pomerantz (5 runs given up) the pitching wasn't to bad today. Another win & another game off the schedule. I said early in August I thought Phillips should come up if they needed someone. Thank goodness for expanded rosters. 53 GAMES OVER .500. Not to shabby.

SeaBeachFred

Not shabby at all---kind of like a page from 2013.  Look, let me be honest about this.  I thought after the seventh frame when we were seemingly out of it by a score of 7-1, I conceded that this game was gone and just thankful that we went into Atlanta against a first place team and won two of three.  This is a great win for us; hope they use it as a tonic to move on from here and really go on a run.  We swept a very good young ream that leads the NL East and that is no walk in the park.  To come back as we did, well, this team has pretty much made a believer out of me.  Not completely yet, but getting there.  What a win.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on September 05, 2018, 02:46:03 PM
Kinsler and Pearce both K. Rookie Phillips shows them how it's done.
ROOKIE ?????? iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

The STARS are aligned...…. Never in my 70 years have I seen this...… OBTW, get RID of POMERANTZ,  NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! thumb_u iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

Bear

We were setup for failure and still won.  I don't believe
Cora thought it was possible.  For a team to work the
way they did...convinced Cora to use some of our better
players.  It was a hell of a game. 

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Bear on September 05, 2018, 05:37:44 PM
We were setup for failure and still won.  I don't believe
Cora thought it was possible.  For a team to work the
way they did...convinced Cora to use some of our better
players.  It was a hell of a game.

Definitely!!
WOW - what a game!

markj

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 05, 2018, 05:25:48 PM
Quote from: markj on September 05, 2018, 02:46:03 PM
Kinsler and Pearce both K. Rookie Phillips shows them how it's done.
ROOKIE ?????? iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Yeah, I originally wrote "new guy." Should have stuck with that. I didn't realize he was a veteran player trying to work his way back to the big league. Hopefully we see more of his power in coming games.

ipot

Quote from: elktonnick on September 05, 2018, 03:03:12 PM
This team is amazing!  Even Cora's lineup and Pomerantz ineffectiveness can not stop this team😁

My sentiments exactly.  Cora pretty much writes a lineup card to throw this game away and they put up a comeback of the year.  As for Pomeranz they should leave him on the tarmac in ATL. 

What a W.  The NYY are down 7-0 in OAK.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on September 05, 2018, 10:53:17 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on September 05, 2018, 03:03:12 PM

My sentiments exactly.  Cora pretty much writes a lineup card to throw this game away and they put up a comeback of the year.  As for Pomeranz they should leave him on the tarmac in ATL. 

What a W.  The NYY are down 7-0 in OAK.

I don't kn ow what happened to Pomeranz but he looks nothing the pitcher we had last season.  He has poor control, keeps the ball up, lacks speed and hangs his curve.  There is no way this guy can be on the playoff roster.  And so far so good up in Oakland.

markj

Bill-806

As DAD would say.....  "SON, the magic carpet ride continues!!! " rofl rofl rofl