GAME #139, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT ATLANTA BRAVES

Started by markj, September 03, 2018, 12:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Barnes gives up an infield single and nothing else. Still 5-2 Sox going to the 9th.

Schloicka

Xman with a bases loaded double makes it 7-2 now with 1 out. Sac fly by Nunez makes it 8-2. CF made a great catch on it. Bottom 9th coming up with Kimbrel coming in.

Schloicka

Kimbrel finishes the game off giving up only a walk. BP did well today. Pitching 5.2 innings and giving up only 2 runs. Need the starters to start giving the Sox a few more innings. Sox win 8-2. Workman got credit for the win pitching 2/3 of an inning. On to Tuesday night.

markj

Had a ton of yard work and other stuff to do today, so I missed the game. Eovaldi must not have been doing well, but at least the BP came through. Some timely offense, too.

Bill-806

B I N G O  !!! & the JUG/A/NOT SAILS ON !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

BoSoxFanNY

AND the Oakland A's BEAT the Yankees 6 - 3!

With the Red Sox WIN, the Sox are now 8 1/2 games in front of
the Yankees in the AL EAST!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 03, 2018, 06:13:39 PM
AND the Oakland A's BEAT the Yankees 6 - 3!

With the Red Sox WIN, the Sox are now 8 1/2 games in front of
the Yankees in the AL EAST!

Back and forth and then back and forth again.....seems we go up 8.5 games on the Yankees and then promptly go back to 7.5 and back up again.  If we keep this up we will end up ok but I wish we could keep at least this lead and maybe raise it to another game or two.  I want to keep those guys as far in our rear view mirror as we can.  At least they are showing they are human and pretty do much as we've been doing of late.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 03, 2018, 12:03:46 AM
1:05PM Eastern

Red Sox
Nathan Eovaldi (R)

1. Mookie Betts (R) CF
2. Andrew Benintendi (L) LF
3. J.D. Martinez (R) RF
4. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
5. Mitch Moreland (L) 1B
6. Eduardo Nunez (R) 3B
7. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
8. Christian Vazquez (R) C
9. Nathan Eovaldi (R) P

Braves
Touki Toussaint (R)

1. Ronald Acuna Jr. (R) LF
2. Ender Inciarte (L) CF
3. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
4. Nick Markakis (L) RF
5. Johan Camargo (S) 3B
6. Kurt Suzuki (R) C
7. Ozzie Albies (S) 2B
8. Dansby Swanson (R) SS
9. Touki Toussaint (R) P

Gametime Forecast: 85°F • Partly Cloudy • 2% PoP

Mark, something very strange occurred on my computer and the problem still is there.  When I try to log on using Google Chrome I get a Failure to Open and have gotten that since yesterday.  I little while ago I tried getting on using Microsoft Edge and got on.  I'm not that expert in computers but I know I shouldn't be having trouble getting on with Google.  Has anything happened to change logging into Bosox Board.  I will send you a PM with my phone number and wish you reciprocate with yours so if this keeps up I will be able  to keep in touch and see if this problem can be alleviated. 

markj

There shouldn't be a difference in browsers, although there is a push for all web sites to have secure certificates to guarantee end to end encryption. It's a waste of money for sites like this because who cares if your post is encrypted.

I'll play around with different browsers and see if I have any issues.

Anyone else having problems logging on? If so, let me know.

ipot

I don't use Chrome but no problem logging in with Firefox or Safari.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Quote from: markj on September 03, 2018, 04:32:30 PM
Had a ton of yard work and other stuff to do today, so I missed the game. Eovaldi must not have been doing well, but at least the BP came through. Some timely offense, too.

Eovaldi was one scary mess.  Huge relief we got past him without any damage.  Big game for Kinsler and the pen pretty much held up.  I just wish we'd get back in the habit of scoring runs early in games. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 03, 2018, 09:57:46 PM
There shouldn't be a difference in browsers, although there is a push for all web sites to have secure certificates to guarantee end to end encryption. It's a waste of money for sites like this because who cares if your post is encrypted.

I'll play around with different browsers and see if I have any issues.

Anyone else having problems logging on? If so, let me know.

Well I was able to log on today using Google Chrome but just to be on the safe side I have also logged on with Microsoft Edge.  I can't figure out why these hiccups come about.  I wondered for a time  this past weekend it our board had gone the way of the five cents cigar and was not done as Sawxheads was back in late 2013. Good to know it wasn't.

Wel gues what guys and gals?  I tried again to get on with Google Chrome and once again got his with the NOT FOUND at the top of the page.  For the life of me I don't know what the hell is going on with Google.  I wonder if some bean counter is screwing around with different browsers.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on September 03, 2018, 10:51:57 PM
Quote from: markj on September 03, 2018, 04:32:30 PM

Eovaldi was one scary mess.  Huge relief we got past him without any damage.  Big game for Kinsler and the pen pretty much held up.  I just wish we'd get back in the habit of scoring runs early in games.

It doesn't help when Mookie leads off the game with a strikeout.  He's our catalyst and through him goes the ignition of our offense.  I like to see him open a game with a double off the wall in left center.