GAME #154 - FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2021 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 23, 2021, 10:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Just one of those painful games to watch.  Sawamura almost had me wishing they could have put Eovaldi back in.

markj

How is it that Schwarber didn't get tagged with an error for blowing that popup?

markj

markj

Sox finally get some runs and Perez is doing his best to give them back.

markj

elktonnick

Quote from: markj on September 24, 2021, 07:21:09 PM
There's NESN's jinx for this game. Show stats on how well the Sox are playing at Fenway. Guaranteed to make them lose now.

I agree O'Brien jinxed Eovaldi from the outset when he said that he has been a Yankee killer etc.

markj

The bullpen has done a good job tonight. Just a shame Eovaldi cratered.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on September 24, 2021, 07:45:40 PM
How is it that Schwarber didn't get tagged with an error for blowing that popup?
MUST call for a FULL investigation on the MANAGER ...... REALLY , Devers & Schwarber on the corners ???  might as well have DICK STUART & some other non-glove guy !!!!  Seeing DEVERS standing around/near Schwarber was criminal !!! COME ON MAN, YOU KNOW THE THING !!!!!  B T W  , when the shift is on , seeing DEVERS all alone in the shortstop hole does not give me the warm & fuzees !!! Another B T W , this was against the YANKS , this series means something ????? Schwarber can play LEFT field & D H . get him off 1st base, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

If the season ended last week, that would have been your wild card playoff game.  Not a confidence builder. 

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on September 25, 2021, 07:27:54 AM
If the season ended last week, that would have been your wild card playoff game.  Not a confidence builder.

The Sox have shown they can build a streak on the backs of teams that are out of the running.  The playoffs essentially started Friday for these two teams.  It was only one game, but the players and managers showed how they respond to the pitcher on the schedule, and the managers at putting players on the field in the right positions.  Prepare the troops for another day.