5. Manuel Margot (R) CF
6. Brandon Lowe (L) 2B
7. Mike Zunino (R) C
8. Jordan Luplow (R) LF
9. Taylor Walls (S) 3B

Gametime Temp: 95°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Sea Dog 23

McClanahan shows up as getting a start every week.  He's won 6 of his last 7, HOWEVER last three wins were two over Orioles and one over Twins.  A 1.31 WHIP in last 7 games.  I'd say he's doable if our batters are into the game.

Bill-806

Sea Dog 23

The Sox picked up 2B/3B Taylor Motter, DFAd by Rockies.  Formerly in Rays, Twins org.  He was recently called up from AAA, but was only 3-20 in 13 games for Rockies.  There’s a chance he could be added to the Boston roster this weekend with the holes now on the team. Looks like a depth plug in rather than a solution to 2B.

In AAA this year his line was .335/.460/.759 with 24 homers and 13 doubles.

Sea Dog 23

Sitting lefties Verdugo and Duran with a lefty arm for Rays out there.  Sounds analytical until you ask Santana of all people, to do righty swings.

markj

Sox with some 1st inning fireworks. I hope it's not like last night where they go most of the rest of the game without scoring.

markj

Wow, do my eyes deceive me? Wifey and I went for a walk and I come back to 4-0 Sox and E-Rod still pitching in the 5th with a sub-60 pitch count? How'd this happen?

Sea Dog 23

The top of the order has done the damage.  But in bizarre times as these, the bottom of the order is hitless, but Santana and Arauz have drawn 4 walks between them and scored half the Sox runs.  Just as Cora scripted.   iono iono

markj

Raffy is losing his cool over nothing. He missed that pitch cleanly. He's gonna be embarrassed when he watches the replays.

elktonnick

markj

markj

Schloicka

markj