GAME #122 - TUESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by markj, August 17, 2021, 03:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on August 18, 2021, 08:39:09 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 18, 2021, 06:51:27 AM
This team was not 8-10 pieces short of being a winner. The smartest guy in the room style of management failed big time.

The problems are the same as they have been, but we were able to work around them. Add a Bullpen implosion and it's disaster. The whole bullpen is head-cased right now and running on fumes to boot.

This on field set of problems is on Cora as much as anyone. His team has been bundged up since opening-day loss. The Manager is over there shaking his head in disgust every time someone screws up. Imagine behind the scenes.

This is the worst roster management I've ever seen. There were easy decisions unmade under the guise of staying the course, all while be strung up by a glaring lack of depth due to other bad decisions that they wanted to stay the course on to begin with. This affects things on the field, too, in the form of kids developing bad habits prove themselves to Cora and the brass. Bad habits lead to massive slumps and injuries. Then stay the course on the slumps because of the beginning of this paragraph.

It's AS BAD as the worst case of favoritism under the guise of trust that I have ever seen.

Lastly, the team approach at the plate is so bad that it had better cost jobs. 

No, not lastly. We ended a game tuesday with our best contact hitter on the bench sitting right beside the fastest base runner.

Agree with all of the above.
B I N G O ............ Duran on the bench in the 7th inning of first game was head scratching !! iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 18, 2021, 10:11:48 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on August 18, 2021, 08:39:09 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 18, 2021, 06:51:27 AM
This team was not 8-10 pieces short of being a winner. The smartest guy in the room style of management failed big time.

The problems are the same as they have been, but we were able to work around them. Add a Bullpen implosion and it's disaster. The whole bullpen is head-cased right now and running on fumes to boot.

This on field set of problems is on Cora as much as anyone. His team has been bundged up since opening-day loss. The Manager is over there shaking his head in disgust every time someone screws up. Imagine behind the scenes.

This is the worst roster management I've ever seen. There were easy decisions unmade under the guise of staying the course, all while be strung up by a glaring lack of depth due to other bad decisions that they wanted to stay the course on to begin with. This affects things on the field, too, in the form of kids developing bad habits prove themselves to Cora and the brass. Bad habits lead to massive slumps and injuries. Then stay the course on the slumps because of the beginning of this paragraph.

It's AS BAD as the worst case of favoritism under the guise of trust that I have ever seen.

Lastly, the team approach at the plate is so bad that it had better cost jobs. 

No, not lastly. We ended a game tuesday with our best contact hitter on the bench sitting right beside the fastest base runner.

Agree with all of the above.
B I N G O ............ Duran on the bench in the 7th inning of first game was head scratching !! iono iono

Believe every word my pal Mongo says because he is as right as can be.  That post of his could have been written by me---with a few expletives thrown in for anger management.  Truth be told for the thousandth time, I never wanted Cora back in the first place and his favoritism displayed to certain players this season has been sickening and has now caught up to us.  We will never win a thing again until he is gone, the rotten filthy cheater.

MongoLikeSox

Funny, I was playing an old Beatles song last night with a line in the song that had me thinking about any hope they've learned from this. The line:
"With every mistake we must surely be learning"

I guess every regime has their blunders, and it's not just limited to the Red Sox. Look at that bonehead in Seattle.