5. Giancarlo Stanton (R) RF
6. Rougned Odor (L) 3B
7. Luke Voit (R) 1B
8. Tyler Wade (L) SS
9. Kyle Higashioka (R) C

Gametime Temp: 76°F
Chance of Precip: 13%

longgame

Sox get two on and then everyone gets swing happy but can’t hit anything.  Then the Yankees answer with a HR.  Someone get these guys to wake up or they´ll be leaving NY in 3rd place.

Sea Dog 23

I have a sneaking suspicion the Balti. series was a mirage, now going down a long dark road to nowhere.

BoSoxFanNY

I was hoping for a split.
I was hoping for the Sox to take 2 out of 3.

WTF is going on with this team?

SCARY to watch . . .

BoSoxFanNY

Bases loaded AGAIN = NOTHING.

DAMN!

Yankees 2 - Sox 0
Going to the bottom of the 5th inning

markj

BoSoxFanNY

TWO MORE MEN on base in the top of the 6th inning = NO RUNS.

CRAP!

Time is running out in a 7 inning game.

STILL Yankees 2 - Sox 0.
IF the offense was there - we should be winning this game.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Could it be that we have evolved into a very shitty team???????  We don't hit in the clutch, Bogaerts hasn't hit a ball hard in four weeks and still has trouble hitting with RISP, Martinez looks comatose at the plate, there is no leadership on the field, no one is able to pick the other guys up and the sad story goes on and on.  Maybe it is Cora's fault---not because of his managing but because he is getting paid back in spades for being a rotten no good cheater, and the brains behind the gambit the Astros put on in 2017.  Aside from that I have no clue what has caused this team to simply shit the bed.  Tomorrow unless we can put some runs on the board we will be swept out of New York.  It is sickening and I have taken off all Red Sox, shirts, hats and socks and will get ready for the football season.  If the players don't seem to give a shit why should we????

Sea Dog 23

Sadly, the best outcome for this series is a win by Hurricane Fred or parts of it, which I think is due in NY tonight with scattered T-storms.  This team needs to repair all the parts of who's available, to play where, and bat where, against a weaker team.  Like Texas up next.

Right now there seems to be no Pedey in the clubhouse, may be NOBODY is listening to the batting coach and pitching coach.  Hopefully they aren't rolling their eyes listening to Cora's prepared talks.

MongoLikeSox

This team was not 8-10 pieces short of being a winner. The smartest guy in the room style of management failed big time.

The problems are the same as they have been, but we were able to work around them. Add a Bullpen implosion and it's disaster. The whole bullpen is head-cased right now and running on fumes to boot.

This on field set of problems is on Cora as much as anyone. His team has been bundged up since opening-day loss. The Manager is over there shaking his head in disgust every time someone screws up. Imagine behind the scenes.

This is the worst roster management I've ever seen. There were easy decisions unmade under the guise of staying the course, all while be strung up by a glaring lack of depth due to other bad decisions that they wanted to stay the course on to begin with. This affects things on the field, too, in the form of kids developing bad habits prove themselves to Cora and the brass. Bad habits lead to massive slumps and injuries. Then stay the course on the slumps because of the beginning of this paragraph.

It's AS BAD as the worst case of favoritism under the guise of trust that I have ever seen.

Lastly, the team approach at the plate is so bad that it had better cost jobs. 

No, not lastly. We ended a game tuesday with our best contact hitter on the bench sitting right beside the fastest base runner.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on August 17, 2021, 08:15:37 PM
LOBsters are back in season, I see. No shortage of them.
May I suggest melted butter with a shot of VINEGAR !!!!  All we did yesterday was i BLOW TWO GAMES !!!! iono iono thumb_d thumb_d

longgame

Just so discouraging to watch.  The trend is clear - if we face a pitcher who is halfway decent, our bats are toast.  Some observations - like Fred said, Bogey hasn't take a good cut at the ball in weeks.  He just looks like he's in a different world.  JDM is playing the field.  He makes Wily Mo Pena look like a gold glover.  But more importantly, JD watches video in between at bats and can't do that if he's in the field, so he's a shell of his normal self.  We know that Hernandez is the JBJ of this team.  He stunk for months, got hot, now he can't hit again.  Verdugo just doesn't have an approach at the plate.  The only one who impresses me at the plate these days is Dalbec because he's shortening up his swing and trying to make contact and seeing results.  Of course Raffy is trying to hit the ball as hard as he can every time he comes up.  The bullpen is another story, but when you score a 3 runs in two games, the bullpen can only do so much. 

I don't even want to watch tonight, but of course I will. They had better win!

elktonnick

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 18, 2021, 06:51:27 AM
This team was not 8-10 pieces short of being a winner. The smartest guy in the room style of management failed big time.

The problems are the same as they have been, but we were able to work around them. Add a Bullpen implosion and it's disaster. The whole bullpen is head-cased right now and running on fumes to boot.

This on field set of problems is on Cora as much as anyone. His team has been bundged up since opening-day loss. The Manager is over there shaking his head in disgust every time someone screws up. Imagine behind the scenes.

This is the worst roster management I've ever seen. There were easy decisions unmade under the guise of staying the course, all while be strung up by a glaring lack of depth due to other bad decisions that they wanted to stay the course on to begin with. This affects things on the field, too, in the form of kids developing bad habits prove themselves to Cora and the brass. Bad habits lead to massive slumps and injuries. Then stay the course on the slumps because of the beginning of this paragraph.

It's AS BAD as the worst case of favoritism under the guise of trust that I have ever seen.

Lastly, the team approach at the plate is so bad that it had better cost jobs. 

No, not lastly. We ended a game tuesday with our best contact hitter on the bench sitting right beside the fastest base runner.

Agree with all of the above.