5. Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
6. Corey Dickerson (L) LF
7. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
8. Breyvic Valera (S) 3B
9. Reese McGuire (L) C

Gametime Temp: 73°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Sox are batting in the 2nd.  If my math is right, they have not scored a run in the last 10 innings of baseball.  I would imagine Cora would be pulling his hair out if he had any, or jumping the batting coach when he's not looking.  Nah, that would be a Billy Martin move.

Sea Dog 23

Actually the Sox don't have a run in 13 innings now.  Some good news, on Sale's probably last warmup start tonight, could very well toe the rubber against Rays next week. 

A shutout with 7 Ks, 3 walks and 78 pitches through 4 innings.

elktonnick

Marwin Gonzales is brain dead.  The Red Sox continue their streak of playing stupid baseball.

elktonnick

Vazquez follows up Gonzales stupidity on the base paths with more stupidity.

elktonnick

Well despite some real bonehead base running the Sox squeeze out a win.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 07, 2021, 09:11:01 PM
Well despite some real bonehead base running the Sox squeeze out a win.

Thank God for small favors.  At least it wasn't a washout today, but I think Jonathan Arauz looked pretty good today.  He tries to go with the pitch and doesn't try to swing from his ass.  I hope to see more of him and see if this was a mirage or if we do have a good all around utility man who can all over the field and give us some offense at the plate.  I'll take any win I can get since we have been in a free fall and have Richards throwing for us tomorrow, almost a washout for us unless we hit better and the pitcher pitches lights out----and that doesn't seem too feasible if past performances are of any indication.

Sea Dog 23

Joy in Muddville for a change.  I think the streak of scoreless ended at 15 innings or so, shameful.  But the win came from some unusual characters.  Franchy comes around the bases to score on an Arauz single.  Did Cora draw that up?  But by the slimmest of margins.  A win is a win.  But like Fred has warned, Richards part XLII happens again today.

Bill-806

As JIMMY DOLITTLE would say , "VICTORY GOES TO THOSE WHO WANT IT THE MOST , WANT IT THE LONGEST "  !!!!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

What a relief that they actually won a game, in spite of themselves.

It seems like Vazquez runs into an out one way or another every time he gets on base, which has become rarer.  The guy looks like he's growing at the plate, no wonder he's slower than he thinks.

Marwin Gonzaelez is the perfect example of a guy who should have been packaged up in a deal with some money.  He hurts the team just taking up space on the roster, when he plays it's even worse.  Another disaster of a pick. 

Just a reminder that not only did Bloom not move at the trade deadline, he also was responsible for signing Richards, Perez (twice) and Gonzalez.  He has made some decent signings (Renfroe and Hernandez) and the Betts trade gave us Verdugo.  All I know is that there's a lot of pressure on Schwarber to be a spark yet I've heard little talk of when he'll be ready.  I'd think he'd need a least a few games at the minor league level after being out so long.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 08, 2021, 11:58:10 AM
What a relief that they actually won a game, in spite of themselves.

It seems like Vazquez runs into an out one way or another every time he gets on base, which has become rarer.  The guy looks like he's growing at the plate, no wonder he's slower than he thinks.

Marwin Gonzaelez is the perfect example of a guy who should have been packaged up in a deal with some money.  He hurts the team just taking up space on the roster, when he plays it's even worse.  Another disaster of a pick. 

Just a reminder that not only did Bloom not move at the trade deadline, he also was responsible for signing Richards, Perez (twice) and Gonzalez.  He has made some decent signings (Renfroe and Hernandez) and the Betts trade gave us Verdugo.  All I know is that there's a lot of pressure on Schwarber to be a spark yet I've heard little talk of when he'll be ready.  I'd think he'd need a least a few games at the minor league level after being out so long.

I hate to put Vazquez in among the trash you mentioned but maybe my eyes didn't deceive me.  He does look like he has gotten heavy this season and he was never Speedy Gonzales in the first place so if anyone should be alert and circumspect  on the bases it is him, but he apparently thinks of himself as a daring runner but a stupid one would be better.  Don't expect him to ride the pine for Plawecki though even if the latter is really hitting well of late.   The best we can hope for is for the Cheater to put Vaz on first so we can get Plew's bat in the lineup.  As for Richards (Bloom), Perez (Cora) and Gonzales (both of them) the only recourse would be to just dump the dog shits one and for all and bring some young players up and see what they can do since we are now toast after blowing a good hitting performance today and watching the Cheater keep Shithead Richards in for two innings longer than he should have been in.  Can he be that shitty that teams just pound the living hell out of him.  Back up the truck on those three and get them out of town.