GAME #111 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 6, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by markj, August 05, 2021, 10:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on August 07, 2021, 12:28:34 PM
It has been obvious that JDM has not been himself for several days.  One has to wonder if the bug affecting the Red Sox has been viral.  The Red Sox are one of teams who are not fully vaccinated.

If it went viral, it must have infected all five starting pitchers who went out drinking one night.  We have absolutely no steady pitcher right now.  Houck?

I did see an opinion Sox we’re being cautious of a spread, being a top contender this year.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 07, 2021, 12:37:57 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on August 07, 2021, 12:28:34 PM
It has been obvious that JDM has not been himself for several days.  One has to wonder if the bug affecting the Red Sox has been viral.  The Red Sox are one of teams who are not fully vaccinated.

If it went viral, it must have infected all five starting pitchers who went out drinking one night.  We have absolutely no steady pitcher right now.  Houck?

I did see an opinion Sox we’re being cautious of a spread, being a top contender this year.

Elk, last night I called my good friend who happens to be a scout with the Rays.  He was adamant is saying that Chaim Bloom was a solid baseball man and the Rays were sorry to see him go.  He made it clear to me that if the Red Sox and their fans need to blame someone for their free fall it goes right to the top,  that miserable cheap bastard Prune Face Henry.  He will swear up and down that  the owner put the clamps on Chaim and tied his hands as is his habit over the years.  I have no reason to doubt my friend since he is one of my closest pals and a guy who coached with me before he chose to go into scouting.  As for Cora, I have made it clear that while this not all his fault, his penchant for playing his favorites like Gonzales and Cordero has been a disaster as well but since I have a low regard for him and have said repeatedly that he never should have been rehired I can only hope that it isn't too long before this rotten cheater is purged from Boston once and for all.   Now let's get ready to lose the second game----which we most certainly will do.

elktonnick

I do not think money had anything to do with Bloom's failure to make upgrades  at the trade deadline.  The Sox simply did not have the prospects to offer.  The prospects that they do have were not as attractive as those offered by others.  Money will come into play after the world series during free agency.  Money had little bearing IMO to what happened during the trade deadline negotiations.  Henry's willingness or unwillingness to spend did not severely affect what Bloom could or could not do.

longgame

I'm tired of the line that they didn't have prospects.  Clearly they can field an entire minor league system so they have prospects.  They also have money.  I'm amazed they couldn't basically give away some guy with money for something of value in return.  We got two pretty bad relievers and an injured guy in the only position we may have some modicum of depth.

I appreciate your comments from your friend Fred, Bloom may be solid but he messed up a scale rarely seen in professional sports.

elktonnick

I do not think Bloom messed up at all.  Clearly Boston's minor leaguers did not attract suitors as much as did other teams minor leaguers.  While we can be disappointed, Bloom acted pretty much as I had expected him too.