GAME #111 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 6, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by markj, August 05, 2021, 10:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

markj

Schloicka

markj

markj

Bases loaded and Renfroe pops out. Just like JD. Yet another blown chance.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 06, 2021, 05:25:53 PM
A report out tonight that Duran has been placed on the IL.  The team says he's been placed on the IL because of COVID.  Duran's agent said he has passed numerous tests recently that showed all negative. His agent thinks he was placed on the IL purely on C19 symptoms.   I wonder if his bat is showing signs of COVID.   :losers

Putting Duran on the IL because of" symptoms" is just a ruse so Cora can keep playing his pets like Cordero and Gonzales.  It has to be obvious to some what's going on here.  When Bloomer Butt says our getting Schwarber was better than what the Yanks done it has to tell you this  guy from Tampa Bay was not the kind o executivef  they usually produce there.  He is a MORON and as I promised he will be in my cross hairs until his ass is out of town.  We have to have the worst trio of leaders in baseball right now.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 06, 2021, 08:03:52 PM
Eovaldi with a melt-down inning. Sox down 7-2.

He always seems to have a meltdown in his games.  He goes a few innings looking like an ace and then gets the living shit knocked out of him.  Can't the pi tch9ng coach notice what he might be doing incorrectly, like advertising his pitches or something else.  And can't we hit with men on bases.  Well did anyone really expect us to win tonight.  I sure as hell didn't.

Sea Dog 23

Just looking at the aftereffects of the crime scene.  Jeesh.  Tonight was bad, but the pitching matchups coming are precipitous for these Sox.  Ray, Barrios, Ryu all will be on the hill. We did beat Ray last week.   

I understand that before Friday's game, the Yanks, Rays and A's were within 3 games of Sox in the WC chase.  That will pretty much vanish by the start of the Rays series.  Maybe we can stabilize the ship by the Orioles series, maybe not,  with this dysfunctional group of guys. 

For my sanity I’m watching Triston Casas in the gold metal game.  If Blooming Onion survives this mess,  his future stars are Casas, Mayer, Verdugo.  I know, I know still a couple years off.  But that’s his plan.

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 06, 2021, 09:18:52 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 06, 2021, 05:25:53 PM
A report out tonight that Duran has been placed on the IL.  The team says he's been placed on the IL because of COVID.  Duran's agent said he has passed numerous tests recently that showed all negative. His agent thinks he was placed on the IL purely on C19 symptoms.   I wonder if his bat is showing signs of COVID.   :losers

Putting Duran on the IL because of" symptoms" is just a ruse so Cora can keep playing his pets like Cordero and Gonzales.  It has to be obvious to some what's going on here.  When Bloomer Butt says our getting Schwarber was better than what the Yanks done it has to tell you this  guy from Tampa Bay was not the kind o executivef  they usually produce there.  He is a MORON and as I promised he will be in my cross hairs until his ass is out of town.  We have to have the worst trio of leaders in baseball right now.

You forgot the worthless Dalbec in your pet list.

Bill-806

HURTS SOOOOOO MUCH TO WATCH & ROOT FOR THIS TEAM........ IT WAS NEVAA LIKE THIS AS AN "ALL WORLD" 2ND BASEMAN IN LITTLE LEAGUE !!!!!!! thumb_d :losers iono sigh rofl rofl rofl

longgame

The tough thing I think is that we all had low expectations for this club. If I recall, most of us predicted them to finish within a few games of .500.  But they surprised us and we got into this team.  We and they were excited about what they could do, but apparently Bloom wasn’t. If there are graduate programs in how to manage pro sports teams, this will be a chapter.

MongoLikeSox

It's early August. This last couple of weeks have been miserable to watch. Same problems we've had all year, but we're paying for them now as other teams have hit their stride.

Bloom lost a lot of credibility last week. He was on a newbie pass. Look at that 40-man roster. It looks like a Hoarder created it from a dumpster dive, unwilling to throw pieces out nobody wants a part of.

Sea Dog 23

The 9 run inning that Ted highlighted, is indirectly one thing that could be in a chain of bad decisions which could get Bloom fired.  Could I say.  Firstly Bloom traded a good pitching prospect for Schwarber who still remains on the IL.  Then let go our former 1st round draft choice for a washed up releiver Robles.  Third, either Robles' vendetta or his lack of control, really got the Jays fired up in this game and probably headed to the playoffs.  That was throwing at Grichuck, Robles said he was just wild.  Near bench clearing, but the Jays have now put targets on the Sox backs for the next two months. 

Jays are 8-1 since returning to Rogers, and have their crowd fired up.  I am the least bit confident that Bloom has it in him to figure this cluster out.  And management may let him sink or swim on his own.  But Henry will use Cora as the sacrificial lamb and fire him first.

Murph

J.D. Martinez Going On COVID-19 IL; No Update On Jarren Duran
Martinez and Duran both are on the COVID-19 related IL now

by Logan Mullen

3 minutes ago
The Boston Red Sox are adding, not subtracting, to the COVID-19 related inured list.

J.D. Martinez is getting added to the list, Red Sox manager Alex Cora indicated Saturday afternoon ahead of Game 1 of Boston’s double-header against the Toronto Blue Jays. With Martinez out, the Red Sox are calling up catcher Connor Wong.

This comes after Jarren Duran was placed on the COVID IL Friday. Duran has returned multiple negative tests for the coronavirus, and only is displaying symptoms. While the results of Martinez’s tests are unclear, Cora said the slugger has not been feeling well.

Such situations are becoming somewhat commonplace for the Red Sox, as Matt Barnes went through a similar situation just a few days ago. He was added to the COVID-19 IL, had multiple negative tests and was back one day later.

elktonnick

It has been obvious that JDM has not been himself for several days.  One has to wonder if the bug affecting the Red Sox has been viral.  The Red Sox are one of teams who are not fully vaccinated.