5. Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
7. Alejandro Kirk (R) C
8. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
9. Breyvic Valera (S) 3B

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

Manoah is a young stud.  2.74 inning, 56Ks in 47 innings.

I'm penciling in a loss.

Sea Dog 23

I hope Nathan does well tonight.  Houck may be our only chance to split this series.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 06, 2021, 01:57:52 PM
I hope Nathan does well tonight.  Houck may be our only chance to split this series.

You mean we will not have to see Martin the Miserable stink up the field this weekend???

On my friend Ted's comment about penciling in a loss, let me say that in all the time I've talked to longgame he has always been upbeat.  For him to show a loser outlook speaks volumes just how bad Red Sox fans have been sinking after what Bloom pulled ( or is that not pulled?) at the trade deadline.  But he has company.  I have an almost complete loser outlook Sea Dog.  I feel Bloom and or Henry gave all Red Sox fans a swift kick in the nuts last week.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 06, 2021, 02:06:30 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 06, 2021, 01:57:52 PM

You mean we will not have to see Martin the Miserable stink up the field this weekend???

On my friend Ted's comment about penciling in a loss, let me say that in all the time I've talked to longgame he has always been upbeat.  For him to show a loser outlook speaks volumes just how bad Red Sox fans have been sinking after what Bloom pulled ( or is that not pulled?) at the trade deadline.  But he has company.  I have an almost complete loser outlook Sea Dog.  I feel Bloom and or Henry gave all Red Sox fans a swift kick in the nuts last week.

Houck is there for a doubleheader so we'll probably see both Perez and Richards.  You know, the guys that Bloom looked at and said "we're good". 

You're right Fred, I try not to go through the ups and downs of the season but I think the Sox started to swoon around the beginning of July, everyone anticipated that the Sox would be buyers, excellent players moved and are having an impact on other clubs, Bloom got two bad pickups and injured guy, and the team has responded to that message because in the end their all just a bunch of young guys wanting to win.  One thing that the Sox seem to forget is they have a lot of fans who have been watching this game for a long, long time, far longer than guys like Chaim Bloom and we probably get team dynamics and the concept of striking while the iron is hot from our own personal business experiences.  He seems to not have a feel for either.

It's one thing if they just were a bad team, but they were good and had the rug pulled out from under them by ownership.

One other thing, with the current format of baseball postseason, wining the division is everything.  Making the wild card means going out all out and probably not having your best matchups ready for a one game playoff where anything can happen.  There's a ton of value of wrapping up a division with a few days to go and setting up for the postseason.

longgame

I don't get the fascination with Marwin Gonzalez.  He's truly stunk this year.  I'd rather take my chances with Duran in the lineup. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 06, 2021, 02:37:18 PM
I don't get the fascination with Marwin Gonzalez.  He's truly stunk this year.  I'd rather take my chances with Duran in the lineup.

He is one of Cora's favorites and smartness be damned, Cora is going to play him no matter what because the manager is a stubborn butt.  He and Marwin were close friends at Houston when Cora was a coach there and Miserable Marwin was a then a decent player.  He sucks  to high heaven now and every time he plays he is a sunk cost to the lineup.  Duran hit a home run two games ago and then sat on Thursday. Way to go Corapuke so you can get your fellow cheater in the lineup. Hopefully you'll screw up so badly in the next year or so  that your rotten carcass will be shipped out of Boston, you filthy cheater.

Sea Dog 23

A sign the season is going into the toilet, if you Google Red Sox, you also get as many articles from the Boston press about the Pats and the Bruins. There was one today on NBC where Bloom told a reporter that h trade for the mythical Schwarber was better than what NY got in Rizzo and Gallo.  I’m sorry, I did not have the stomach for that BS.  I am enjoying watching Cubs-Chisox today, good pitching, hitting, and the fans are into it.

Sea Dog 23

A report out tonight that Duran has been placed on the IL.  The team says he's been placed on the IL because of COVID.  Duran's agent said he has passed numerous tests recently that showed all negative. His agent thinks he was placed on the IL purely on C19 symptoms.   I wonder if his bat is showing signs of COVID.   :losers

Schloicka

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 06, 2021, 05:25:53 PM
A report out tonight that Duran has been placed on the IL.  The team says he's been placed on the IL because of COVID.  Duran's agent said he has passed numerous tests recently that showed all negative. His agent thinks he was placed on the IL purely on C19 symptoms.   I wonder if his bat is showing signs of COVID.   :losers

I noticed he wasn't on the active roster. If his newest tests come back negative they can bring him back as they did with Barnes.

markj

JD pops-up with bases loaded and blows a chance to build a nice lead. He's slumping as bad as the team. His BA is down to .280 or so now? I can't believe players of this caliber can't take an easy swing and just put the ball in the outfield. Always with the big swing for the fences.

markj

Eovaldi with a melt-down inning. Sox down 7-2.

longgame

Our ace is channeling Martin Perez.  I think they could be in fourth place by the end of the weekend.  They look about as bad as any team in baseball right now.

Maybe some of the recent Bloomies can come out of the pen and pour gas on this dumpster fire.

Schloicka

Figures we leave the bases loaded then give up a bunch. If we can't win the games Eovaldi pitches we're cooked.

longgame

Robles so far has put 3 men on.  I’m almost rooting for a grand slam but I don’t think Bloom will get the message still.

Oh, only a ground rule double.  Great trade deadline move Chaim.  9 runs this inning.  So far.