GAME #109 - WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ DETROIT TIGERS

Started by markj, August 04, 2021, 09:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Sawamura is having a rough inning. No runs yet, but 20 pitches in and can't seem to find the strike zone.

markj

elktonnick

Once again man on third less than two out and Sox don't bring him home.

markj

Barnes with a nice, clean inning to close it out. Sox win 4-1.

elktonnick

Sox win.  Sox pitchers strike out 18 and Red Sox batters struck out 10 times.  Ridiculous!!

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on August 04, 2021, 08:41:18 PM
Once again man on third less than two out and Sox don't bring him home.

The medicine for can’t hit with men on bases is just hit it outta the park next at bat.  Good to see Duran get off the doldrums with a blast, but he did have two K’s again.

elktonnick

That is the reason why they aren't bringing guys in from third or not scoring when the bases are full,  they are all swinging for the fences on every pitch.  Ten strike outs is ridiculous even with an umpire with a strike zone as wide as Texas.

Bill-806

WIN , WIN, WIN !!!!  WOW, pinch me !!!!!!!   thumb_u rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on August 05, 2021, 06:17:19 AM
That is the reason why they aren't bringing guys in from third or not scoring when the bases are full,  they are all swinging for the fences on every pitch.  Ten strike outs is ridiculous even with an umpire with a strike zone as wide as Texas.

So true.  Especially the younger guys, they want to hit a HR every time.  Maybe they should watch Miggy Cabrera more.  Or for that matter JD Martinez when he's on. 

I'm concerned that we don't have anyone that can go more than 5 or 6 innings even when they pitch "well".  Of course Eddy gets himself in trouble.  He was setting up nicely to come back in the 6th and probably started thinking about it when he ended up throwing another 15 pitches with 2 out.  The good news is that at least he seemed to be working faster which makes a big difference for him. 

BTW, I'm guessing I'm not the only one getting tired of Vazquez running into outs whenever he manages to get on base.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 05, 2021, 08:10:26 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on August 05, 2021, 06:17:19 AM

So true.  Especially the younger guys, they want to hit a HR every time.  Maybe they should watch Miggy Cabrera more.  Or for that matter JD Martinez when he's on. 

I'm concerned that we don't have anyone that can go more than 5 or 6 innings even when they pitch "well".  Of course Eddy gets himself in trouble.  He was setting up nicely to come back in the 6th and probably started thinking about it when he ended up throwing another 15 pitches with 2 out.  The good news is that at least he seemed to be working faster which makes a big difference for him.

BTW, I'm guessing I'm not the only one getting tired of Vazquez running into outs whenever he manages to get on base.

Well we got a win Wednesday Ted and that made us all feel good but today back to the same old crap with Cora playing his pet, Marwin and his 201 batting average, little power and mediocre defense, and Perez getting torched again on the hill----five hits and three runs in 1.1 innings.  Bring Houck and Seabold up and put them in the rotation.  This team is not going anywhere now and we need to get rid of the dog shits like Perez, Richards, Gonzales and bring up Houck and Seabold.  I mean, is there anyone out there who thinks they can't at least do as well as those two bums Perez and Richards.  Get Duran back in center and keep him there.  Let him develop and let's not ruin another young player because Alex wants to play his favorites.  And if the Cheater doesn't comply Bloom should fire his ass immediately.   I'm getting sick and tired of seeing this disgusting display of losing baseball, favortism and pathetic pitching.