8. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
9. Francisco Mejia (S) C

Gametime Temp: 98°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Schloicka

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on July 31, 2021, 07:53:46 PM
LOB killing the Sox.

No George, shitty pitching, inept general managing, a cheap bastard for an owner and a manager who stubbornly plays favorites, those are the items that are killing the Sox and will soon drive us down  to fourth place.  Make no mistake, this team is now going into a free fall.  The players are flat, the confidence in themselves, their owner and front office are falling at a fast pace and
within a week or two the team will be hopelessly divided because will be able to see what I have been seeing the past couple of months.  Choke Bloom has failed miserably to strengthen the team, making no real progress to improve our club at the trade deadline.  We bench our young players, or send them down time and again, and play many of Cora's pets, most of whom have stunk all season.  Why was Houck sent down when he was pitching well?  Why is Duren on the bench while Shitfaced Perez is still in the rotation and Hernandez should be on second un til Arroyo comes back. Do I have to may more about our owner Prune Face Henry?  He went on an economy kick in 2019 and is holding onto his wallet like the cheap bastard he has become .again.  I know all of us are very disappointed  that we over-achieved for four mo nths and then were ambushed by what appears to be an inept baseball ops director who apparently was not one of the better baseball people they produce in Tampa Bay.  We are headed for a very miserable mid and late summer experience and a very long off season because the manager will still be the same, the baseball ops man will still be an inept as he is now and our owner will still be a cheap bastard who doesn't want to put the money down to build a sustainable winner.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 31, 2021, 09:06:43 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on July 31, 2021, 07:53:46 PM
LOB killing the Sox.

No George, shitty pitching, inept general managing, a cheap bastard for an owner and a manager who stubbornly plays favorites, those are the items that are killing the Sox and will soon drive us down  to fourth place.  Make no mistake, this team is now going into a free fall.  The players are flat, the confidence in themselves, their owner and front office are falling at a fast pace and
within a week or two the team will be hopelessly divided because will be able to see what I have been seeing the past couple of months.  Choke Bloom has failed miserably to strengthen the team, making no real progress to improve our club at the trade deadline.  We bench our young players, or send them down time and again, and play many of Cora's pets, most of whom have stunk all season.  Why was Houck sent down when he was pitching well?  Why is Duren on the bench while Shitfaced Perez is still in the rotation and Hernandez should be on second un til Arroyo comes back. Do I have to may more about our owner Prune Face Henry?  He went on an economy kick in 2019 and is holding onto his wallet like the cheap bastard he has become .again.  I know all of us are very disappointed  that we over-achieved for four mo nths and then were ambushed by what appears to be an inept baseball ops director who apparently was not one of the better baseball people they produce in Tampa Bay.  We are headed for a very miserable mid and late summer experience and a very long off season because the manager will still be the same, the baseball ops man will still be an inept as he is now and our owner will still be a cheap bastard who doesn't want to put the money down to build a sustainable winner.
& DAT'S A   B I N G O !!!!!  What a mess in TAMPA BAY !!!

MongoLikeSox

We've had an NL lineup all year.

Listening to the Tampa broadcast team talk about the outside the box notion of Alex Cora to suggest that there are times when it is imperative to make contact (aka not swing like crazed gorillas) all series is a little bit of extra salt in that wound.

Bloom busted bad the Error-ooze move and won't own up to it. He's not going to be an answer. Meanwhile, a proven MLB hitting infielder is down there batting .304. Error-oooze might have athletic coordination, but he's not a good ballplayer. He's taking up a 40-man spot right now. One that could be put to use. Meanwhile, we strike out early and often.

Strike out to plate appearances of Munoz lifetime: 21% K-rate,  BA.278, 11HR  folks, that's a a season's worth of ABs spread out over 3 NL PH/sub seasons totaling 200 MLB games.  MLB!!!!  He's 26 years old.  And we get ZERO of it.  Why? Because Error-ooze is on the 40-man and Chaim's gotta be proved right. Santana's on the 40-man and Chaim and/or Cora have got to be proven right or have their favorites.  Tell me this is not pure politics. Waiting..... waiting....

Yup! That's how much this year's teams means to management. We played way over our heads and we won't plug it. If error-ooze is the price we have to pay, so be it. It's a price we should be willing to pay. Santana sucks every bit as bad, but there is no way they are paying that one. It's just as bad as Farrell and that Aaron Hill disaster. It's the same thing. 

longgame

So to be clear, we traded Chavis, leaving in infield hole and got 2 errors in one inning from the guy called up to replace him and the guy he was traded for stunk it up big time in his first appearance.

I don't get why Bloom couldn't have found a way to package Chavis and the two other guys that were traded to get someone of value.  Schwarber will be great as a 17th outfielder, when he gets back, maybe.

A lot is resting on Sale too since the starting pitching has turned to crap.