GAME #104 - THURSDAY, JULY 29, 2021 - TORONTO BLUE JAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 29, 2021, 08:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

I have always thought E Rod is a head case.  He is afraid to pitch to contact.  He goes from 0-2 to a walk so often it is mind numbing.  For a reasonably intelligent guy he often pitches stupidly.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 29, 2021, 07:40:51 PM
I have always thought E Rod is a head case.  He is afraid to pitch to contact.  He goes from 0-2 to a walk so often it is mind numbing.  For a reasonably intelligent guy he often pitches stupidly.

I'm tired of him too.  He nibbles, nibbles and nibbles some more.   I don't k now why he can't understand that you have to pitch to contact a good deal of the time but he simply doesn't know that.  He is a hopeless cause and I don't want the team to expend a ton of money to resign this guy.  He will go elsewhere ands be out of baseball within three years.

markj

I bet E-Rod ends up on the IL. He left the last game with a migraine and he certainly wasn't right tonight. I wonder if he's still dealing with long term COVID issues. But this is what I get for laughing at the Yankees getting humiliated today.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 29, 2021, 08:14:52 PM
I bet E-Rod ends up on the IL. He left the last game with a migraine and he certainly wasn't right tonight. I wonder if he's still dealing with long term COVID issues. But this is what I get for laughing at the Yankees getting humiliated today.

A Red Sox fan should never laugh or gloat at the humiliation of a rival because as sure as God made little green apples it will come back to bit us on the ass.  Today the hated Yankees and Dodgers made out like bandits and we didn't do a God damn thing.  That means all the good players are gone and only trash is left to cobble.  Either Bloom just folded under presure and too scared todo anything for fesr he might have to give up his prized prospects, not more than three or four of them are worth shit anyway from our still h alf-ass farm system.  If not that, the our horse shit owner decided to hold on to his filthy wallet and use the money for his parties on his yacht and his damn soccer team in England.  Tonight you saw a team is total disarray and to me it had much to do with seeing how as players they knew  their front office did nothing to strengthen the team and we suffered a good swift kick in the balls.  I hate to say I told you so but I warned that could happen tonight and I think guys like Elk who also coached for years could see that our team was not focused tonight at all.  It might now get even worse.

I don't know who to blame for this debacle Bloom or Prune Face, but whoever it was I say thanks you @#$ @% & #$%?&.

MongoLikeSox

Tonight reminded me of when Peddy gave E-rod a rash of crap on the mound during a mound visit a few years ago at the trop. That kid is an enigma to me. I had hoped the corner turned in 2019. Nawp!

OK, so stop me with this sounds familiar. Phillips Valdez gets over-used and loses the sink on his change-up. Cora's hitting the retard button again.

No more Workman. He cannot say that Cora did not give him a chance.

I agree that Perez is a good #5 Starter. I believe he is being well managed.

Sea Dog 23

The Sox need another arm to go with Sale, Nate, Pevetta/Perez.  Houck is one solution, in a playoff scenario they need four arms.  Some rumblings that Sox are exploring getting Berrios from Twins, but there is competition from Jays and others with better prospects to deal than Sox have.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 30, 2021, 06:46:45 AM
Tonight reminded me of when Peddy gave E-rod a rash of crap on the mound during a mound visit a few years ago at the trop. That kid is an enigma to me. I had hoped the corner turned in 2019. Nawp!

OK, so stop me with this sounds familiar. Phillips Valdez gets over-used and loses the sink on his change-up. Cora's hitting the retard button again.

Good news - Workman DFAd to make room for Schwarber.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on July 29, 2021, 08:14:52 PM
E-ROD needs to go , NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!!!  I am growing old waiting for his POTENTIAL !!!!!! thumb_d thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Sadly this is Erod’s contract year.  How many millions in free agency has he lost last couple games?

markj

One thing I noticed last night is that the Jays were getting a lot of ground ball hits through the infield, whereas the Sox seemed to hit similar shots directly at Jays infielders. I don't know if the Sox infielders were out of position a lot or if the Jays were just lucky.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 30, 2021, 06:46:45 AM

Except Perez cannot pitch a game where he doesn't give up three or four runs a game in a five inning effort and that means unless the team is hitting on all cylinders it means a loss.  Workman isn't going anywhere.  He will not be claimed by anyone and be back in our organization is two shakes of a monkey's ass.  So don't be surprised to see him back in a R ed Sox uni within a mon th or so,  Just release the bum!!!!!

MongoLikeSox

This was a heaping let down of a day. I'm happy for Chavis. He needed a change.    sigh