6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
7. Randal Grichuk (R) RF
8. Cavan Biggio (L) 3B
9. Alejandro Kirk (R) C

Gametime Temp: 71°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

markj

SeaBeachFred

Hey everybody out there, just remember that today we play TWO SEVEN INNING games, not nine innings.  It is important that we don't spot the Blue Jays a decent lead but instead  go out there and get one ourselves. Richards has been notorious for getting us in a hole and we cannot have that today. He needs to come out with his best and be successful and we need to get a good jump on Toronto.  We got a break of sorts last night when the Yankees beat the Rays to up our lead somewhat and just wanting to see them win made me a little ill.  Still we have to take advantage of any break we can get and take advantage of them.  Our division is one tough hombre and we have to be just as tough if we are going to win it.

MongoLikeSox

So, anyone else thinking Chavis might do us more good in 3-4 weeks with steady ABs down yonder in Worcester-land? Take your pick of not ready replacements taking up 40-man spots, but getting Chavis somewhat usable might benefit us later. Perhaps the same could be said for Dalbec. Something. Anything. Maybe something will clear up on the 40-man this week.

Sea Dog 23

Geemonee.  I think it's time to move on from Richards.  He's to weak link in this staff.  At the very least, when Sale returns, he is a candidate for the pen IMO.  Pitching in a 7 inning game, he's not a good choice at all.

Schloicka

Sox had 5 guys on base with no outs in the 1st 2 innings and only got 1 run out of it on a fly ball out. Had chance to break it open and didn't.

longgame

Fred I think they were waiting for the 8th to break out the bats.

Richards is awful, just no command.  With Perez you know what you're getting, with Richards its a crap shoot on every pitch which makes him a non-candidate for the pen too.   

Bats have been relatively quiet lately and they've gotten by with a single big inning to win.  They need a little more consistency.

Chavis?  I think we've maybe seen enough there.  The fact is they don't have a legit 1B that can carry a team in the postseason.  If anyone needs the ABs with a hope to return it's Dalbec.  I'd guess Chavis will go in a deal for a 1B. 

MongoLikeSox

I agree about Richards not being a candidate for the pen. I've had this back of my mind little mini-fantasy that someone is desperate enough for a starter(Philly?) that we get something in return we can use. rental for rental. Then again, we've had worse. (?)

I actually like Richards. I wish he was a little more consistent, but I like having some animation out there sometimes.

How about Plawecki decoying Grichuk making him think an upcoming outside slider was gonna be inside. Alas, Richards threw it right where Plawecki was trying to decoy him with a hanger. Richards missed by 3 feet and Grichuk creams it.