5. Teoscar Hernandez (R) DH
6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
7. Randal Grichuk (R) RF
8. Cavan Biggio (L) 3B
9. Alejandro Kirk (R) C

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

Bill-806

I understand what CORA is doing , all great managers "works" the roster , keeping ALL interested , involved and playing the L/R combos ...... Howevaa , when a kid like DURAN comes along , ya play him , play him, play him and the other TEAM will have to deal with his speed, speed, speed nd that can disrupt !!! iono iono

longgame

Interesting lineup.  Clearly Bogey needs the time off, he needs to have that wrist at full speed.  Like last time we faced him, Cora is keeping the lineup righty heavy.  That's why Duran isn't in Bill.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 27, 2021, 03:02:57 PM
Interesting lineup.  Clearly Bogey needs the time off, he needs to have that wrist at full speed.  Like last time we faced him, Cora is keeping the lineup righty heavy.  That's why Duran isn't in Bill.

Cora seems to making a lot more good moves than bad and the players like playing for him from what I've read, and so let's let him carry this out.  Our team is so different from the dregs and dog shit one we had last season.  I still rake Alex over the coals for his rotten preparation during the 2019 Spring Training when he ran a a pablum mickey mouse program and perhaps he deep down realizes that now.

MongoLikeSox

Managing the rest is just smart baseball. I think he's got ease back the throttle a bit on using Vasquez and Ottavino, and not believe Valdez so much after a stretch of outings. Might even throw a 2-day'er at kike.

Hopefully we get good Richards tonight. He hasn't tried throwing lefthanded knuckeballs yet. Well, in a game at least.

markj

This rain delay will last a while, but the line of storms should pass in time to get the game in tonight.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

Yankees are playing the Rays.

HATE the Yankees, although I appreciate that they just beat the Rays
4 - 3 because it helps the Red Sox.

Now 2 games up on the Rays in the AL EAST,

markj

Yankees managed to hang on for the win, so Rays are now 2 games back.

(Beat me to it by seconds, Bo.  ;) )

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on July 27, 2021, 09:49:51 PM

I actually thought that Chapman might blow it . . .

HATE having to "root" for the Yankees.

markj

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 27, 2021, 09:58:56 PM
Quote from: markj on July 27, 2021, 09:49:51 PM

I actually thought that Chapman might blow it . . .

HATE having to "root" for the Yankees.

Ditto. I was sure Cruz would hit a dinger and win it for the Rays.

Sea Dog 23

Gotta think Rays are all in on the WS this year. They’re now inquiring Kris Bryant an Scherzer.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 28, 2021, 04:30:39 AM
Gotta think Rays are all in on the WS this year. They’re now inquiring Kris Bryant an Scherzer.

Bloom leaves and now all of a sudden they're dealing this year.  Glad the Yankees won last night. (did I really just type that?)  ;D

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on July 28, 2021, 08:00:40 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 28, 2021, 04:30:39 AM

Bloom leaves and now all of a sudden they're dealing this year.  Glad the Yankees won last night. (did I really just type that?)  ;D

The Yanks are dealing this week getting one of Pirates good bullpen arms, then Tuesday trading away arms.

New York Yankees have announced that following Tuesday’s game they traded RHP Luis Cessa and LHP Justin Wilson to the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for a player to be named later.