GAME #101 - MONDAY, JULY 26, 2021 - TORONTO BLUE JAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 26, 2021, 08:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Another thriller! Gotta like it.

I can't believe we witnessed Cora not yanking a guy on a mound visit. I can believe it backfired.  I get the impression he's begging to be able to leave him in longer.

Why does Bo Bichette look more like Johnny Damon than he does Dante Bichette?

Fred mentioned closer tomorrow? Barnes and Ottavino each on 2 straight and Cora's spent Valdez again. Taylor? Whitlock? Get it to the 7th and turn it over to Whitlock for a good old fashioned 1970's style save is my vote.

Duran came up and looked late on everything, but decent. Then he started to look way out ahead of everything. That adjustment is so not working.

Sea Dog 23

Mongo, you could wait on Duran to work himself out of problems this year and have a better 2022.  But I'm starting to think Bloom should strike while the iron is hot - with the other regulars.  This team seems to be destined to go far in the playoffs and could use a couple key pieces, a Rizzo at first base, another 2B plug in and bullpen help.  At the end of this year, we will lose a group of one year rentals, JDM likely to opt out, the pitching will have to be patched up again.  So go for it this year, you never know what next year brings.

Speaking of 1B the Athletic thinks the SOx could deal for Carlos Santana and Rasiel Iglesias, for relief help,  at the deadline.

https://theathletic.com/2731381/2021/07/27/eleven-mlb-trades-the-numbers-say-need-to-be-made-this-week/?amp

Bill-806

ANOTHER  good WIN !!!  Don't give up on DURAN , he is the real thing, FASTER than FAST !!!! thumb_u

longgame

This team reminds me a lot of the 2013 team.  Nobody was expecting them to do much and they had solid talent with a few thumpers but mostly very few weaknesses.  This team has a weakness on the right side of the infield, which can be addressed, plus shoring up the pitching never hurts.  They just seem to have a lot of heart and never give up.  What a difference from a year ago.  Sure there are a couple of new pieces, but last year the managing was disastrous.  This year, Cora is doing his thing, keeping everyone loose and allowing them to play at their best.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 27, 2021, 08:43:42 AM
This team reminds me a lot of the 2013 team.  Nobody was expecting them to do much and they had solid talent with a few thumpers but mostly very few weaknesses.  This team has a weakness on the right side of the infield, which can be addressed, plus shoring up the pitching never hurts.  They just seem to have a lot of heart and never give up.  What a difference from a year ago.  Sure there are a couple of new pieces, but last year the managing was disastrous.  This year, Cora is doing his thing, keeping everyone loose and allowing them to play at their best.

I'm glad Ted it was you who made the reference to the similarities of our team today with the one eight years ago.  I've been reluctant to say that for fear I might jinx our team; it won't if you or someone else said it.  Get Rizzo and be prepared to pay for him and get Arroyo back and keep him in the lineup at second.  Get a healthy Sale back and trade for another starter or reliever.  Who knows what could happen?