GAME #100 - SUNDAY, JULY 25, 2021 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 25, 2021, 09:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

BoSoxFanNY

Just crazy - crazy good!

Feel bad for German - he has a no hitter through 7 innings.
NO hitter to lost game.

Nathan Eovaldi had pitched a good game last night
and the bullpen lost it . . .

BoSoxFanNY

LOVE listening to the Yankees post-game . . .
ONLY good thing about being a Red Sox fan living in New York . . .

Schloicka

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 25, 2021, 03:13:03 PM

Where in NY?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 25, 2021, 02:48:05 PM
There you go. 4 runs in the 8th and still going.

I was thinking of getting you a har markj, but I need your new hat  size.  Think I do that it has grown two or three sizes.  Nice going, but you missed the run total by one run.  WE  GOT FIVE AND OUTDID WHAT THEY DID TO US YESTERDAY.   And Perez did ok, thee runs in six innings and might have been fine if we could have started hitting.  We need to start hitting better come tomorrow.  But kudos  to you my friend.  Did you really think we were coming back?

Bill-806

As DAD would say , "SON, love our RED SOX " !!!!!!! Fun to watch !!

longgame

Quote from: markj on July 25, 2021, 01:45:05 PM
Mirror image of yesterday's game. Maybe the Sox will score 4 in the 8th here. One can hope.

Wow good call!

longgame

So the Yankees needed two freak hits to take one yesterday.  Sox show them how it´s done today. 

Yankees have had two strange wins, one solid against the Sox this year.  Meanwhile the Sox beat them like a rented mule the rest of the time.  Now let´s knock Toronto out of the running.

Sea Dog 23

Love their writers complaining losing 3 of 4 and sitting 9 games out. I think Costas did a couple games in the series, the Friday migraine game for sure. He is such a Yankee homer from way back.

markj

More hope than prognostication on my part, but it did feel eerily familiar considering last night. I still can't believe Boone made the exact same mistake as Cora.

elktonnick

Both Cora and Boone succumbed to managerial group think in the sabermetric  era.  Virtually every modern manager would probably have done the same exact thing.  They are so wedded to the 100 pitch third time through the lineup that no one is watching the game and talking to the catcher before making the move as they would have done years ago.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Schloicka on July 25, 2021, 04:36:07 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 25, 2021, 03:13:03 PM

Where in NY?

Westchester

MongoLikeSox

That was a lot of fun!

Someone said something about the NY press. One of the best mornings of my life the day after we beat them in game-7 back in 2004 was spent perusing the NY newspapers web sites. There were core, deep rooted beliefs broken. It was so glorious.

today was a lot of fun. 

BoSoxFanNY

Having fun listening to the Yankees rebroadcast of this game.
The first time I Watched the game - I basically muted Michael Kay and crew.

NOW, I am enjoying listening to Michael Kay . . .