GAME #98 - FRIDAY, JULY 23, 2021 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 23, 2021, 01:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

markj

markj

WTF? Another HBP? What's wrong with the Sox pitchers? Is this some sort of hunting expedition?

markj

markj

markj

Raffy and the BP both have a stellar night. Enjoyable game to watch. And I hope this migraine thing with E-Rod is not some holdover from his run-in with COVID. Props to Valdez for 3 innings of excellent work with 7 K's.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 23, 2021, 08:21:32 PM
No sooner post that and they make me a liar. I'll take the hit.

Don't sweat it markj.  I've taken my share of hits this season where the team is concerned.  It just seems that we seem to struggle in a lot of games but there we are, now 22 games over 500. Of course, there are a lot of teams struggling in both leagues.  Just look at the NL East, the AL West and the NL Central/  But we had a good game tonight once we got the cobwebs out and started hitting.  A good win---always a good win when it comes against the Yankees.  They beat the crap out of us last season; turnabout can be very nice if we can keep it up.

longgame

Good pitching in spite of losing our starter plus we get to their ace, not a bad day at the ballpark.

Sea Dog 23

Just what the doctor ordered.  Called up Valdez, put Sawa on the IL.  Brilliant. 

Raffy is raking and its good timing with his contract extension coming up.  He added his name to Sox record books in a few categories.

Bill-806

Another goooood win , ENTERTAINING !!!!!!  Go SOX !! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

MongoLikeSox

What a performance by Valdez. He was a huge bright spot for us last season. Him and the emergence of Verdugo.

Did you see how XB was leading the conversation on the mound with Vasquez and Valdez? Not the first time he's had something to say on how to pitch a guy, but I've never seen it this direct and obvious.

You gotta be impressed with Cole. Also the umpire not changing after be barked at by the self-entitled ones. I was sort of hoping he would have tossed Boone out, but I didn't want them fired up. One of the better called games in a long time.   

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 24, 2021, 06:58:22 AM
Just what the doctor ordered.  Called up Valdez, put Sawa on the IL.  Brilliant. 

Raffy is raking and its good timing with his contract extension coming up.  He added his name to Sox record books in a few categories.

Raffy seems to be able to solve Cole's deliveries pretty well as he has hit him for some big bombs of late.  Not an easy thing to do because Cole is still one helluva pitcher.  All the more reason why we should be very pleased about how the game turned out last night.  Sport them a run and then come back and win the game.  Please guys, no let-up now.  We must not settle for a split in this series.  Win at least three of four and keep the Yankees at a safe distance behind us.  Besides, we have our hands full with the Rays and even the Jays are still lurking not too far behind either.

MongoLikeSox

Man, Devers can be a monster. His not swing like a crazed ape swings are powerful on their own. That hi shot over the Monster in L-CF was just beautiful. Good stuff to watch.

elktonnick

IMO  Raffy's at bat in the third inning was the key moment in the game.  While he struck out he forced Cole to really exert himself throwing three or four hundred mph fast balls. The effort finished Cole. Raffy may have lost that particular battle but he won the war.  He knew he could more than handle whatever Cole had.