GAME #97 - THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2021 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 22, 2021, 09:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

I went nearly catatonic watching this game.  It was almost like we were destined to lose, and even when we got back in the game we couldn't put it away until the Yankees did it for us.  After a night of the shakes I'll take it because it was a win and it was against the Yankees, but hear of the  Rays coming back in the late innings to win another game and then getting slugger Cruz in a trade.  What happened to those rumors about Anthony Rizzo.  Was it all smoke?  We need to trade for this veteran who has power, gets on base, plays great defense and could be the leader we need on the club.  Time to make this happen in my opinion.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 22, 2021, 11:41:10 PM
I went nearly catatonic watching this game.  It was almost like we were destined to lose, and even when we got back in the game we couldn't put it away until the Yankees did it for us.  After a night of the shakes I'll take it because it was a win and it was against the Yankees, but hear of the  Rays coming back in the late innings to win another game and then getting slugger Cruz in a trade.  What happened to those rumors about Anthony Rizzo.  Was it all smoke?  We need to trade for this veteran who has power, gets on base, plays great defense and could be the leader we need on the club.  Time to make this happen in my opinion.
  NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!!!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl.......  OH YES , GREAT FINISH LAST NIGHT !!!

longgame

That was interesting to say the least.  A one hour rain delay, a couple of comebacks.  Two runs scored without a hit in the 10th.  Wow. 

Someone mentioned Dalbec and swinging at stuff in the dirt.  Chavis is about the same.  Do these guys watch tape of these pitchers? 

Mongtomery pitched well and kept the Sox off balance.  I was shocked when he came back at out and he was still doing well.

I'm guessing Chapman must have not been available or did Boone try to get cute since we hammer him?

Fred, Rizzo rumors are just that.  People putting two and two together and getting 5.  Sounded intriguing though with the three guys being taken out of games then night before.

MongoLikeSox

I fell asleep during the 9th inning Kike at bat. Somehow I knew we won, but don't remember anything or even how I knew. Man, I missed one great big NY implosion.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 24, 2021, 10:39:47 AM
I fell asleep during the 9th inning Kike at bat. Somehow I knew we won, but don't remember anything or even how I knew. Man, I missed one great big NY implosion.

Right Mongo but you were still thrilled when you found out the fin al outcome for certain.  A Red Sox win over the Yankees should be a measure of joy for all Boston fans any time it happens.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 24, 2021, 11:02:51 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 24, 2021, 10:39:47 AM

Right Mongo but you were still thrilled when you found out the fin al outcome for certain.  A Red Sox win over the Yankees should be a measure of joy for all Boston fans any time it happens.
Without a doubt! 
Even better when certain national broadcast teams whine about it for 9 innings. That's just greed speaking, though.