Quote from: markj on July 21, 2021, 08:58:17 AM
7:07PM Eastern

Red Sox

Garrett Richards (R)

Blue Jays

Robbie Ray (L)

Gametime Temp: 70°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Memo to AlexCora---PLAY YOUR BEST NINE MEN TONIGHT AND NO FAVORITES.......AND GIVE GARRETT A VERY SHORT ROPE---VERY SHORT.  WE NEED TO PROVE THAT WE CAN WIN TWO GAMES IN A ROW, SOMETHINGWE HAVEN'T DONE IN AWHILE  As Al Davis was fond of saying....."JUST WIN BABY', NOT WIN MAYBE.

longgame

Tampa Bay came back against Baltimore scoring two in the 9th to win.

longgame

I guess we're going with the heaviest RH lineup we can get.  I'm not crazy about either Chavis or Dalbec but the way Verdugo is going lately especially against lefties (.195) it may be a toss up, but it's a loss on defense.  Dalbec actually is decent against lefties, Chavis is terrible against everyone.  And I think if Danny Santana is on the field then we're at the bottom of the barrel.  Anyone know the long term on Arroyo?  Chaim has to make some deals.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on July 21, 2021, 03:51:43 PM
I guess we're going with the heaviest RH lineup we can get.  I'm not crazy about either Chavis or Dalbec but the way Verdugo is going lately especially against lefties (.195) it may be a toss up, but it's a loss on defense.  Dalbec actually is decent against lefties, Chavis is terrible against everyone.  And I think if Danny Santana is on the field then we're at the bottom of the barrel.  Anyone know the long term on Arroyo?  Chaim has to make some deals.
Durran can hit lefty's, CORA is over reaching here .......  iono iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh

Sea Dog 23

We’re off to s good start.  Kike’ with his 14th bomb and Raffy with his 24th.

Schloicka

Damn 2 out runs after pitching so well. Happened quick. Walk. Hr. Hr.

Schloicka

Quote from: Schloicka on July 21, 2021, 08:23:43 PM
Damn 2 out runs after pitching so well. Happened quick. Walk. Hr. Hr.

Got a couple of our own 2 out runs to widen the lead. Hr. Hr. 7-4 now.

Schloicka

Good overall pitching except for a 1/3 of an inning in the 6th. Offense did well.

Sea Dog 23

Looks like Santana could be headed to the IL with a groin injury.  Short term candidates are Franchy, hitting .329 for Woosox or OF Marcus Wilson, hitting about .240.

Some rumblings yesterday that Anthony Rizzo could be in a deal for 1B.  Brewers also mentioned.  A lefty bat not named Santana.  Batting around .250 with 11 HR.  Also NY writers floating it.  But again, could just be writers getting bored with themselves.  Seems like two deals coming, for 1B and a bullpen arm.

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 21, 2021, 05:31:33 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 21, 2021, 03:51:43 PM
Durran can hit lefty's, CORA is over reaching here .......  iono iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh
As DAD would say , "SON, looks like you are wrong, AGAIN" !!!  Let the manager do his job !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

rkarp

I thought Richards made a couple of mistakes, but otherwise he was excellent.
he can/will help this team in August and September either in the rotation or in relief.
assuming Sale and Houck only stretched for 5-6 innings, having both Garrett's available for multiple innings is nice depth. should be able to keep Sawamura, Darwizon, Ottovino and Barnes all fresh

longgame

Richards looked much better and could throw his curve, which gets you wondering what he was doing.   That one inning though is his big flaw - he gets untracked at times.  See also Martin Perez.  I'd say neither looks good for a postseason spot as a starter although Perez may have value out of the pen.

That was a fun game with all the homers.  Entertaining and over before 10.  Can't ask for much more than that these days!  Sox will miss Buffalo but let's hope they keep it going against Toronto since we have 4 next week at Fenway and 3 more the week after in Toronto.

Rumors flying everywhere.  Three minor leaguers were pulled mid game last night and the rumors are they're being packaged for Rizzo.  Everyone seems to think that Rizzo is a perfect fit and of course it will be something of a homecoming.  I don't know that Bloom had to do deals in the spotlight like this so it will be interesting to see how it goes. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on July 22, 2021, 08:02:23 AM
Rumors flying everywhere.  Three minor leaguers were pulled mid game last night and the rumors are they're being packaged for Rizzo.....
Do you mean this in context of the Red Sox? 

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 22, 2021, 08:10:35 AM
Quote from: longgame on July 22, 2021, 08:02:23 AM
Rumors flying everywhere.  Three minor leaguers were pulled mid game last night and the rumors are they're being packaged for Rizzo.....
Do you mean this in context of the Red Sox?

Yes.  Here's the rumor

QuoteThe Boston Red Sox have traded for Cubs First Baseman Anthony Rizzo. Details are still being announced and nothing is official. Red Sox Prospects Marcus Wilson, Pedro Castellanos, and Cam Cannon are all expected to be in the trade.