5. Teoscar Hernandez (R) LF
6. Randal Grichuk (R) RF
7. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) 1B
8. Cavan Biggio (L) 3B
9. Danny Jansen (R) C

Gametime Temp: 71°F
Chance of Precip: 32%

SeaBeachFred

And someone wake Bogaerts up because at least there is one person (me) who has noticed that of late he has not put two good offensive games in a row.  He seems to be taking too many off days offensively of late.

longgame

He's hitting .307 in his last 7 games but seems to be scuffling with men on base.  I was surprised to see Devers had bad numbers with RISP too but he seems to come up big at times.  Bogey will come around.

MongoLikeSox

Devers has been swinging like a crazed gorilla in situations that don't call for it for far too long this season. He's a monster without having to do that. He's seems so close to putting it all together for an extended period of time. Hopefully soon.

Off topic - Groome has not pitched in Greenville since July 5th or so. He's not listed as probable for next 5-6 days. Anyone know what's going on? He was starting to pitch decently the past month.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 20, 2021, 03:30:07 PM
And someone wake Bogaerts up because at least there is one person (me) who has noticed that of late he has not put two good offensive games in a row.  He seems to be taking too many off days offensively of late.

Fred, Bogey tweaked his left hand while batting early in game 1 at NY.  The NESN guys said his swing did not look right during that game, and he sat out Sat.  I hope it’s not a lingering issue.

markj

Tonight's game postponed. Yet another game to make up later.

Sea Dog 23

Our guys do need a break, we were on a 17 day stretch of no days off against the cream of the ALE. Fortunately last Thurs was called off and tonight.  If we play 7 inning make ups, it will give our bullpen a break.  Our starters are lucky to pitch 5 innings.

MongoLikeSox

Speaking of starters, Sale was on what looks like a 50 pitch limit - I hope - and threw 3-2/3, 6k, 1BB, 0H, 0R. 49 pitches, 34 strikes.

markj

Rays win, so they're 1 game back now. Yankees will most likely win, so they'll pick up a half game as well.