Quote from: markj on July 19, 2021, 12:26:24 PM
7:07PM Eastern

Red Sox

Nick Pivetta (R)

Blue Jays

Ross Stripling (R)

Gametime Temp: 73°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

Do we keep the streak going and win tonight and then lose the other two, or do we break that streak and lose all three.  I j ust don't trust this team markj.   There is no leadership on fhe field and  too many of the starters are taking mental days off and just screwing things up.  You want me to change my  thoughts?  OK, here's how.  We win two of three from the Jays, and then take three of four from New York this coming weekend.  Short of that we are p retty much headed for a debacle of a summer.

longgame

Santana is back tonight at 1B,  Durran batting second, Verdugo moved down to 6.  Lineup is out but not from the site we get it yet.

Sea Dog 23

Santana has no business in the lineup at .160 something.  I’ve seen some good opinion today that Bloom will solve 1B before the deadline and deal among Cubs’ Rizzo/Carlos Santana/Aguilar/Cooper/ Brad Miller.

markj

Now we see all the firepower we were lacking against the Yankees. Sox up 6-0 in the first and still going. Stripling is having a very bad night.

markj

And another dinger. Kiki has crossed the plate twice in one inning. Sox up 8-0.

longgame

longgame

Sea Dog 23

markj

That was an easy win, although it should be noted the Sox basically took advantage of a pitcher having a very bad night. Otherwise, we're looking at a 5-4 game. And the Sox scored just 2 runs after the second inning. Duran had a dinger, but also went 1-6. The Rays lost, so the lead is back to 1-1/2 games. On to tomorrow night.

MongoLikeSox

This is going to be an interesting 10 days. I was surprised to see Santana in there. Doubly surprised to see him do well. Kike, too. If they really are going after a big bat 1B type, Santana is the perfect call up. Doesn't disrupt the prospects so much.

Not the first time they've scuffled and then gone to alternative approaches to get out of it. They get into these little funks like all teams do. What I don't get is the timing aspect of how they get out of the funks. Does it only work if there's a plane ride in between games? 

Cora needs to protect his not so young now starting catcher by having Plawecki catch just a teensy bit more, and resist temptation to sub for him later. I don't know what they were feeding him in Cleveland, but he does OK in the batter's box here.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on July 19, 2021, 09:49:56 PM
That was an easy win, although it should be noted the Sox basically took advantage of a pitcher having a very bad night. Otherwise, we're looking at a 5-4 game. And the Sox scored just 2 runs after the second inning. Duran had a dinger, but also went 1-6. The Rays lost, so the lead is back to 1-1/2 games. On to tomorrow night.
Nice win ........................  As DAD would say , "SON , keep your eye on that DURAN kid , looks like he is on the road to the H O F " !!!!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

i GUESS EVERYONE ELSE WAS AFRAID TO MENTION IT BUT I'M NOT AFRAID.......WE WON THE FIRST GAME OF A SERIES FOR THE FOURTH SERIES IN A ROW.  WE HAVE LOST THE NEXT TWO GAMES IN EACH SERIES.  LET'S SEE IF THAT CHANGES OR IF THE TEAM DECIDES TO TAKE ANOTHER TWO DAYS OFF AND PLAY LIKE SHIT.  CORA ALSO HAS TO GIVE RICHARDS A VERY SHORT ROPE TONIGHT.  WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GET DOWN BY FOUR OR FIVE RUNS AGAIN BECAUSE THAT MEANS ALMOST CERTAIN DEFEAT.  AS FOR PIVETTA HE WAS SAVED BY THOSE 11 RUNS THE FIRST TWO INNINGS BECAUSE HE DIDN O T PITCH WELL AT ALL----11 HITS AND FOUR RUNS IN SIX INNINGS IS NOT A GOOD PERFORMANCE AND HE HASN'T HAD TOO MANY OF THOSE KIND FOR A LONG TIME NOW.

WE HAVE TO START HITTING MORE CONSISTENTLY AND, DAMN IT, WE NEED A FEW GOOD PITCHED GAMES IN A ROW.