5. Chris Gittens (R) 1B
6. Trey Amburgey (R) RF
7. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
8. Ryan LaMarre (R) LF
9. Greg Allen (S) CF

Gametime Temp: 79°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

longgame

I'm hoping the Sox bury them today.  Not just beat them but give them a whooping!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 18, 2021, 11:53:31 AM
I'm hoping the Sox bury them today.  Not just beat them but give them a whooping!

That would be great Ted.  They are due for that kind of game since they have not had to many of that kind lately.

MongoLikeSox

I agree. A big league bad, foul tempered angry butt whuppin.

MongoLikeSox

UFB!  OK, so the ESPN Yankees Fan Boy announcer all but defends the doosh-wad who through the ball at Verdugo and 15 minutes later, the ticker shows MLB banned the fan for everywhere.

And the cora admission about not feeling good about himself - no crap!!! I'm so glad he got to not hurt Kike's feelings, though. Grrrrrrrrrr  I hope he's not as hurt as it looks. I'm steaming and that's not easy to do.

longgame

Sox are swinging at everything except the hanging curve ball in the middle of the zone which is at least two pitches per at bat.  Bounce it in front they´ll hack away though.  Seems like nobody has a plan coming to the plate.  Hard to watch them tonight.

BoSoxFanNY

Unfortunately the Sox are getting crushed.
8th inning - Yankees 9 - Sox 1

UGHHHHHH

So many Sox batters left on base in the earlier innings
when the game was winnable.

UGHHHHHHHHHH

markj

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 18, 2021, 04:44:59 PM

That's what they got. Sadly, it was the wrong team that got whupped.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on July 18, 2021, 09:50:36 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 18, 2021, 04:44:59 PM

That's what they got. Sadly, it was the wrong team that got whupped.

YUP!
Dang it!
HATE losing to the Yankees.

Sea Dog 23

Maybe one plus with Yankee win(s),  they get false sense of confidence and go after some quick help at the trade deadline,  giving up an upcoming star for an older retread.  But same goes for Sox in addressing 1B and the bullpen holes, giving up on some guy on the 40 man.  Sale and Houck (if they can stretch him out) should shore up the starters.

Bill-806

Ya got to show up for "big games" !!!!! Ya can't play good ball looking over your shoulder !!!! thumb_d iono iono iono

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on July 18, 2021, 08:32:26 PM
Sox are swinging at everything except the hanging curve ball in the middle of the zone which is at least two pitches per at bat.  Bounce it in front they´ll hack away though.  Seems like nobody has a plan coming to the plate.  Hard to watch them tonight.
Add some full count K's on potential ball-4's to the mix and we get ourselves spanked by the SWB squad.  Hopefully that's out of our system.

You know, you gotta think Gedman is working on that down there, right? Well, at least the newest one appears to have an eye to get to the full count. It is early yet.

Devers needs to know when to not come out of his shoes. He can be a force even more so than he is now. When he starts using his head, watch out league. We've seen it before in little spurts.

longgame

Just terrible.  Kiki "One Swing" (Verdugo is good at this too) loves his first pitch pop-ups.  Plus, Dalbec is up there was two strikes (he always has at least two strikes) and swinging for the fences.  Does he still not understand breaking balls either?  He misses by a foot.  When Cole was pitching it was at its worst, but give him credit for his deception.  But it was clear that if it started in the strike zone it wasn't ending there yet our guys were hacking.  But no excuses for last night, they were hacking and our relievers in particular can't throw strikes. 

I've seen enough of Darwinzon.  He's apparently afraid of throwing strikes to minor leaguers.  Get him out.  Workman with his signature walks.  What a mess.  The good news is that this game helped clear up the playoff run somewhat.  Arroyo gets hurt playing a position he never played before - now go out and get a legit first baseman who can see the ball at the plate.  Sale comes back soon so Perez can go to the pen where he may be a good long relief option.  Also, already worried about the impact of Durran since it meant our best player sat one night and we had a guy out of position last night.  One more thing, I thought Kiki was supposed to be a good 2B?  He is not!  Best bet for Kiki is to be a utility player, which now may mean getting a legit 2B as well as a 1B. 

SeaBeachFred

Sorry to say it friends but it is looking more and more like the team is going into the tank and very rapidly.  Since the Angels series we have hit well in only one of those nine games, never more than a half-dozen hits, and now Arroyo is hurt again which means Cora's pet Marwin will get back in the lineup with his palsied bat.  Last night once again Miserable Martin got cuffed by the Yankees.  Doesn't Cora understand that this bum should NEVER pitch against them since his ERA lifetime is over 8.00 against them.  Then he parades out Darwizon, a piece of crap if there ever was one.  No control, shitty stuff and stupidity pe rsonified on the mound.  And we cannot forget Rios.  Where did Cora get this crud---or is he a relative>  And don't get me started on Jerkman.  Three straight walks to throw hot oil on the fire.  We traded him last season,  the Phillies had him and got rid of him----AND WE SIGN THIS PUTRID PI TCHER?  aND WHEN ARE WE GOING TO START HITTING AGAIN?  aND WHEN ARE GOING TO GET SOME WELL P IT CHED GAMES WHERE WE DON'T HAVE TO COME FROM BEHIND AGAIN.  aND WHEN ARE WE FINALLY GOING TO BE ABLE TO COME FROM BEHIND AND WIN.  i COULD ON AND ON.  nOW IT IS THE bLUE jAYS.  aRE WE GOING TO WIN THE FIRST AND LOSE THE NEXT TWO AS WE HAVE DONE THREE SERIES IN A ROW OR ARE WE THIS TIME GOING TO LOSE ALL OF THEM.  i'M GETTING CLOSE TO SAYING #$%& THIS TEAM AND cORA'S PETS ON THE ROSTER.

longgame

I have no problem with Perez, he's great for a #5 starter and we're not going to change our rotation to play the 4th place team.  Gonzalez I believe is on the DL.  Two problems - lack of offense especially with RISP and the pen.