5. Didi Gregorius (L) SS
6. Rhys Hoskins (R) 1B
7. Brad Miller (L) DH
8. Ronald Torreyes (R) 3B
9. Travis Jankowski (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 76°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

We could sure use a win to close out the first half of the season so how about it Red Sox?  How about making all your fans happy and keep one of them from going over the edge?  It would be a dandy for me if you could do it because every little bit helps.

Sea Dog 23

I  see Phils pulled their starter Nola.  Nola has always seemed to have solid games against the NL teams.  Can’t remember his record against the AL, not it’s now a moot point,

markj

markj

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 11, 2021, 12:36:30 PM
I  see Phils pulled their starter Nola.  Nola has always seemed to have solid games against the NL teams.  Can’t remember his record against the AL, not it’s now a moot point,

I was wondering what was going on when I turned on the game and saw a different Phillies pitcher than Nola.

markj

markj

markj

Oy, 3-run dinger by Torreyes with 2 outs and 3-2 count. Sox down 5-1. Not looking like a win here.

Schloicka

SeaBeachFred

Once again we just cannot seem to get a well pitched game from our starters and when we make a mistake it ends up with a big inning for the opposition.  Our starting pitching is for the most part TOTALLY SHITTY. No way you  give up five or more runs a game and can win on a consistent basis and it looks like we can lose another unless we rally and come back and win, something that we have forgotten to do of late or don't anyone remember the Angels series.  We need good starting pitching and not shits like E-Rod or Perez of Richards, and Pivetta is no great shakes of late either.  Once again we have NOT hit in sync and  that bodes ill will for us in the second half. And the Yankees are winning again and even the Rays loss today will not ocunt much if we cannot right our ship.  Our team is disgracing themselves again and only a comeback win in the late innings today will alleviate  the putrid and bitter taste I have right now for my team.

Well we all know how this turned out, don't we?  Once again we lost a series after winning the first one, and we lost to a team using a relief corps for their win while one of our supposed better pitchers shit the bed as he has recently.  All you need to know is how we fared the last two innings.  In he 8th we got the bases loaded and Verdugo crapped out, and in the ninth with our three-fourth-fifth hitters at the plate it went strike out, strike out and weak grounder in the infield.  Disgraceful!!!!!!  We can't win a series at home against a team struggling mightily, we cannot for the life of the team get a well pitched game, we have forgotten how to come back from a deficit and pull out a game.  Right now we stink and unless these shitheads get the applies out of their throats it's going to be a very long summer.  We have no leaders on the field or in the clubhose and Cora keep being quoted as saying he's satisfied with the team and they are playing well........which is now totally bullshit.  THE ARROW IS NOW POINTED DOWN AND, YES THE YANKEES ARE BEATING THE ASTROS FOR WHAT WILL BE A SWEEP.  The Yanks are coming and unless we get our shit together we are going to be steamrolled.

Hey Prune Face, you better be prepared to open your damn wallet and get us some talent on the mount---you cheap bastard.

longgame

They really limped into the All Star Break after such a great run.  Let's hope they just ran out of gas and get rested up over the break.

Sea Dog 23

All is not gloom. One little kernel of info heading into the all-star break.

MLB teams are 493-2 when leading by 4+ runs entering the 9th inning this season.

The Yankees have both losses

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 12, 2021, 09:47:58 AM
All is not gloom. One little kernel of info heading into the all-star break.

MLB teams are 493-2 when leading by 4+ runs entering the 9th inning this season.

The Yankees have both losses

Thanks Sea Dog.  You always seem to add something that adds some positive rays to the board.