5. Jose Iglesias (R) SS
6. Kurt Suzuki (R) C
7. Taylor Ward (R) RF
8. Juan Lagares (R) CF
9. Luis Rengifo (S) 3B

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

The Rays belted the slumping Indians 8-1 in the first game of their DH and there is no reason to think they won't win against the stumbling tribe in the second.  For that reason among many it would be swell if we recover from last night and win the rubber match this afternoon.

The Yanks clobbered Seattle last night as well and perhaps they are ready to start hitting like they are capable of.  This is no time to stumble into the ASB.  We need to finish strong before Sunday's end of the "first half"

Schloicka

Well the Sox have their supposed best lineup on the field today. Their should be no excuse not to win. Except for pitching.

BoSoxFanNY

E Rod gives up 2 runs in the bottom of the first inning.
Angels 2 - Sox 0.

BoSoxFanNY

Sox are having a hard time getting hits . . .

NOT feeling good about this game.
HOPE I am wrong.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

DANG IT - they had their chances in the later innings.
Just couldn't hit that bomb . . .

Angels 5 - Sox 4

SeaBeachFred

Let's be frank.....E-Rod was total horse shit today.  We should have won that game if he had pitched better than the filthy bum he has turned out to be.  The Angels starter has been getting hammered time and again and yet we made him look solid by failing time and again to hit in sync.  I always worry about this team of ours showing up flat and distracted and that is how we looked today and my confidence in them teeters on the brink of disgust despite their record.  Yes, other teams are playing a lot worse but I don't give a rat's ass about other teams.  I expect the Red Sox to play solid ball and keep winning series after series to make up for the four last place finishes we've had since the last nine years.  And with worthless Garret  Richards opening the series in Philly on Friday this could wind up being a very shitty week for us.  And the Rays won a DH today against Francoma's cruddy Indians while the miserable Mariners are living up to the worst opinions baseball has had of a team that has never won shit as the Yankees are pummeling them once again tonight.  This has been a very shitty day for me.

Sea Dog 23

Sox have some decisions for pitchers coming.  ERod’s contract is ending, Richards is this year only (club option), Pivetta and Eovaldi return.  Sale seems to be an August debut.  Quite possible Sox draft Jack Leiter in a couple weeks if he is available at Pick 4.  Question is how much Bloom will throw at a new starter.  Don’t thing ERod returns unless he agrees to a club friendly deal.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 08, 2021, 06:44:13 AM
Sox have some decisions for pitchers coming.  ERod’s contract is ending, Richards is this year only (club option), Pivetta and Eovaldi return.  Sale seems to be an August debut.  Quite possible Sox draft Jack Leiter in a couple weeks if he is available at Pick 4.  Question is how much Bloom will throw at a new starter.  Don’t thing ERod returns unless he agrees to a club friendly deal.

Houck is expected to join the big club after the All Star Break and Sale after he gets up to 5 innings in a rehab start - which Sale would do tomorrow if given the chance, but realistically at least 3 weeks or so.  The main thing is that it gives us Sale, Eovaldi and Pivetta down the stretch.  I've said it many times, E-Rod's problems all seem to be in his head.  Get him to work fast and stop thinking, just throw what Vaz tells him and he'll be good.

Poor hitting today, the Sox couldn't get string much together.  I think they were running on adrenaline during that winning streak and the stretch of 18 games without a break caught up with them.  A day off and back home should help. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 08, 2021, 08:25:45 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 08, 2021, 06:44:13 AM

Houck is expected to join the big club after the All Star Break and Sale after he gets up to 5 innings in a rehab start - which Sale would do tomorrow if given the chance, but realistically at least 3 weeks or so.  The main thing is that it gives us Sale, Eovaldi and Pivetta down the stretch.  I've said it many times, E-Rod's problems all seem to be in his head.  Get him to work fast and stop thinking, just throw what Vaz tells him and he'll be good.

Poor hitting today, the Sox couldn't get string much together.  I think they were running on adrenaline during that winning streak and the stretch of 18 games without a break caught up with them.  A day off and back home should help.

The schedule does not get easier after the ASB so we better get ourselves a new shot of adrenaline, maybe a second or third dose.  I never expected the Red Sox to run and hide from the rest of the crowd in our division because I still believe the AL East is as good as any division in baseball, but seeing E-Rod once again pitch poorly makes me wonder if your take on his too much thinking mentality is hampering him.  What we need are t hree solid starters who can be counted on to pitch well just about every time out and hope for the best from the o ther two, whoever they may be.  The Rays and Yanks are slowly creeping up and we have to put the brakes on our inconsistency and start winning serie again.  Am I asking too much?