7. Juan Lagares (R) CF
8. Luis Rengifo (S) 3B
9. Jose Rojas (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

markj

MongoLikeSox

Anyone know what they put Bazardo on the 60-day? There is zero reason or need to do so unless there is a need for that 40-man roster spot.

markj

markj

markj

markj

Angels pitchers have thrown 122 pitches through 5 innings. Perez is at 60 after 4 innings. Sox batters are really working the Angel pitchers.

Sea Dog 23

Interesting to look at how the Sox get production.  Nothing for JD, Renfroe, Vaz, Bogey (he did get a walk and I think scored).  The offense came from Kike’, Raffy, Arroyo, Dalbec and Santana.  Goes on to show Sox can get it done from all players. 

MongoLikeSox

Marwin replaced by Santana due to a hamstring strain. Cora said he will likely not play tonight.

I'm still curious to know what the Sox brass are up to with the opening up of a spot on the 40-man.

So even Santana gets in on the OF assist fun. Errant throws will happen when guys let it fly for out there, but it seems like that's way down. It's almost like we expect a throw from out there to be on the money. I mean, even JD got one a few feet from the warning track on the fly to Vasquez last month. It's been a fun stretch to watch.

Bill-806

just win baby !!!  win, win, win !!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 06, 2021, 05:19:37 AM
Interesting to look at how the Sox get production.  Nothing for JD, Renfroe, Vaz, Bogey (he did get a walk and I think scored).  The offense came from Kike’, Raffy, Arroyo, Dalbec and Santana.  Goes on to show Sox can get it done from all players.

Of course Devers had 3 hits, Bogey walked and reached on an error and so did JD, Renfro and Vaz.  But they need those guys to deliver.  Arroyo's dinger was very nice to see and he looked comfortable for a guy who has been off.  I'll take anything out of Santana, the guy is otherwise worthless but he had a good game last night.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 06, 2021, 06:01:54 AM
Marwin replaced by Santana due to a hamstring strain. Cora said he will likely not play tonight.

I'm still curious to know what the Sox brass are up to with the opening up of a spot on the 40-man.

So even Santana gets in on the OF assist fun. Errant throws will happen when guys let it fly for out there, but it seems like that's way down. It's almost like we expect a throw from out there to be on the money. I mean, even JD got one a few feet from the warning track on the fly to Vasquez last month. It's been a fun stretch to watch.

60 day IL for Bazardo.  Doesn't look like they've filled the slot yet.

Schloicka

I don't think they will be in a hurry to fill the spot unless someone else is coming off the 60 day injury list. Looks like about everyone who could come up if needed is already on the 40 man roster.

MongoLikeSox

That's why I brought this up. They never bother creating that open spot until they need to.