GAME #84 - SATURDAY, JULY 3, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Started by markj, July 03, 2021, 09:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Andriese is handing out singles. Now 6-5 with runners on 1st and 3rd and no outs. WTF, Cora? Where is Barnes?

markj

Dammit!! WTF, Cora? Why the hell did you put in a pitcher with a 5.5 ERA instead of your closer?

markj

Ugh. This loss belongs to Cora. Of all the stupid moves, why Andriese in that situation?

elktonnick

Andriese is not long for this team.  I would DFA him tomorrow.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 03, 2021, 06:29:37 PM
Yankees and Rays both lost today. Sox could really stamp their mark on the AL East with a win tonight.

Yes, they could have markj but they didn't and this is all on our genius manager one again acting like the smartest man in the room.  With a 6-4 lead YOU DO NOT SEND A PIECE OF SHIT LIKE ANDRIESEE INTO THE GAME TO GET THREE OUTS.  He is beyond a doubt the worst pitcher we have having failed with two teams last year including our hometown Angels out here in So. Cal.  When you have a chance to win you send in your best available man  to close out the game and not your worst.  Of course sending R ios in the eighth to hold a two run lead was folly personified as well.  Again, this is all on Cora.  A most stupid way to manage a game was turned in today by the one managing our club.  I'm beyond furious and will be until Andriesee is banished out of town, not DFA's bur RELEASED!!!!!!

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 03, 2021, 10:51:01 PM
Quote from: markj on July 03, 2021, 06:29:37 PM
Yankees and Rays both lost today. Sox could really stamp their mark on the AL East with a win tonight.

Yes, they could have markj but they didn't and this is all on our genius manager one again acting like the smartest man in the room.  With a 6-4 lead YOU DO NOT SEND A PIECE OF SHIT LIKE ANDRIESEE INTO THE GAME TO GET THREE OUTS.  He is beyond a doubt the worst pitcher we have having failed with two teams last year including our hometown Angels out here in So. Cal.  When you have a chance to win you send in your best available man  to close out the game and not your worst.  Of course sending R ios in the eighth to hold a two run lead was folly personified as well.  Again, this is all on Cora.  A most stupid way to manage a game was turned in today by the one managing our club.  I'm beyond furious and will be until Andriesee is banished out of town, not DFA's bur RELEASED!!!!!!
YES & DE-DE , dissapointed with the results..... When  "we" went ahead 6-4 i turned the T V off as my eyes were tired .... "WOKE" this morning to the loss , it was time to make HAY and keep the streak going !!!! get rid of that pitcher, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!! iono iono thumb_d

longgame

Barnes wasn't available after the night before.  What a shame to lose this game but it seemed like they were trying with their baserunning blunders.  Plus, Santana just has no business being on this team.  He bobbled a couple, missed one that he should have had and then almost ran in to JDM on another play.  So no bat, no glove, oh, and didn't he get thrown out trying to steal third?  Get rid of this clown.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 04, 2021, 08:28:05 AM
Barnes wasn't available after the night before.  What a shame to lose this game but it seemed like they were trying with their baserunning blunders.  Plus, Santana just has no business being on this team.  He bobbled a couple, missed one that he should have had and then almost ran in to JDM on another play.  So no bat, no glove, oh, and didn't he get thrown out trying to steal third?  Get rid of this clown.

hARD TO GET THAT DONE TED.  SANTANA IS A FAVORITE OF CORA'S.  NOTICE THEM TOGETHER IN THE DUGOUT IN MANY OF THE TV TELECASTS?  HE AND GONZales most likely won't depart until Cora goes--at least thats the way it looks to me.

MongoLikeSox

I'll be curious to see if anyone comes out with Arroyo tomorrow.

Yeah, those two have done a little bit better recently, which makes them even tougher to get rid of. I still can't figure out what he was doing behind JD in left earlier in that game. Both of them got thrown out by a mile late in the game. I swear, this Marwin giveth, Marwin taketh away routine sucks.

I meant to log on to hear last night. Remember what I said about liking Santana in CF? I take it back after the last couple of games he's been there. I thought for a moment in another game that a throw from SS/Marwin was going to get 1B/Santana killed by the baserunner. Nobody wants that, of course.

Kike's been solid recently. I thought he was a goner on that dive at the base of the wall last week, though. Yeeeks!!!

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 04, 2021, 04:23:44 PM
I'll be curious to see if anyone comes out with Arroyo tomorrow.

Yeah, those two have done a little bit better recently, which makes them even tougher to get rid of. I still can't figure out what he was doing behind JD in left earlier in that game. Both of them got thrown out by a mile late in the game. I swear, this Marwin giveth, Marwin taketh away routine sucks.

I meant to log on to hear last night. Remember what I said about liking Santana in CF? I take it back after the last couple of games he's been there. I thought for a moment in another game that a throw from SS/Marwin was going to get 1B/Santana killed by the baserunner. Nobody wants that, of course.

Kike's been solid recently. I thought he was a goner on that dive at the base of the wall last week, though. Yeeeks!!!

I thought Santana was going to be a plus.  I was wrong too.  He's worse than bad, he's detrimental.  Gonzalez is similar except he at least makes some good plays, like you said, giveth and taketh away.