GAME #78 - SUNDAY, JUNE 27, 2021 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 27, 2021, 11:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

That offense is out of sync big time right now. It was nice to have some sit on the edge of your seat moments in baseball recently. Certainly have had plenty of the the first two games of the series. I needed a break.  :) 

The MLB site says Rafeal hit a 100.1 MPH fastball for his HR.

longgame

Fred you'll always see some shuffling on a day game after a night game.  But I was happy that Cora left his core guys in there and resisted the temptation to give them a break.  They've got a day off next week and then the All star break so they need to keep it going.

Nice to see them thoroughly kick ass.  The Yankees are hurting.

Now they need to get some revenge against KC who they played poorly against then out west for 6.  After the All Star Break they have 18 straight vs NYY (8), Toronto (7) and TB (3). Then 3 with Detroit and then Toronto, TB, Baltimore and the Yankees.  So 26 of the 32 games after the break are against the divisional rivals (and 3 more against the O's who they struggled against.  The trade deadline is in the middle of it. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 28, 2021, 08:05:17 AM
Fred you'll always see some shuffling on a day game after a night game.  But I was happy that Cora left his core guys in there and resisted the temptation to give them a break.  They've got a day off next week and then the All star break so they need to keep it going.

Nice to see them thoroughly kick ass.  The Yankees are hurting.

Now they need to get some revenge against KC who they played poorly against then out west for 6.  After the All Star Break they have 18 straight vs NYY (8), Toronto (7) and TB (3). Then 3 with Detroit and then Toronto, TB, Baltimore and the Yankees.  So 26 of the 32 games after the break are against the divisional rivals (and 3 more against the O's who they struggled against.  The trade deadline is in the middle of it.

By your calculating Ted I get the impression that we still have a lot of work to do and have that work cut out for us.  I totally agree with that assessment.  We got the New Yorkers real good over the weekend but who knows how long they're going to he hurting.  They are still dangerout and so are the Blue Jays with their hitting, and that goes for Tampa Bay with their ability to get the maximum out of the minimum.  Hell even Baltimore proved they could get it together as they did in the opening series with us.  All in all though, what I have to believe on our behalf is that the RedSox have to know by now that they have the means  to make this a season long race for the division title.  Unless they are a bunch of total dullards this past series has to be an elixir for it but we will see that yes or no when we start a new series tonight against the Royals.  They beat us last week and we need to beat them this one.

longgame

Exactly, it's good they beat up on the Yankees but they can't lose to weaker teams.  I also don't like that they helped Tampa Bay out of their losing streak.

Time to go on a run into the break.  Beat up on KC for 4 and then face Oakland who is always tough and hope that Otahni is quiet when we get to your neck of the woods.