GAME #73 - TUESDAY, JUNE 22, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, June 21, 2021, 08:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Geez, went out for a quick walk with Wifey and come back to a tie game.

MongoLikeSox

We are startingto be good for opposing teams on losing streaks. Some good ball being played against us again tonight.

markj

Sox beat up on one pitcher having a bad night and haven't been able to do squat since.

markj

Sox deserve to lose this game. Between the 2 errors that resulted in 2 runs and the blown chances in the 10th with men on 2nd and 3rd and no outs, they just aren't getting it done.

markj

markj

No sooner said than done. Renfroe with a double to bring Raffy around. Sox up 8-5.

markj

markj

markj

SeaBeachFred

I don't k now about the rest of you out there but all in all I think tonight was a courageous and good victory for the Red Sox.  When you make two errors in the first and hand the Rays a 2-0 lead and then after getting give big runs yourself you let the lead slip away, yet keep plugging away on the road until get a big four in the 11th inning to win the game-----well I think think this win was a very good one.  Look, I have issues with our defense, and our starting pitching has been running somewhat cold of late but we seem to be able to hang in there and come out the game most of the time with a win.  We could have lost tonight but we didn't, we could have folded up the tent in the 10th getting second and third and no outs and getting bumpkis, our relief pitching could have stumbled in extra innings but none of that happened.  I was surprised we kept our heads and matched them until our big inning.  Now if we can only tighten our defense and get some hitting from guys in slumps we can surprise a lot people----and we seem to know how to win on the road and we got a win on our important six game road trip against the Rays and Yanks.  Yes, I feel pretty good tonight.  Say what you will but it was a good win from where I'm sitting.

longgame

Excellent win for the Sox.  They got down early and didn't give up.  They took the lead in a classic Red Sox way - hit after hit.  E-Rod decides he has a slider and almost gives up the game but they bounce back and the relief pitching was tough.   E-Rod actually did okay other than that mistake although he couldn't find the strike zone early. 

The lineup is looking a lot better with Renfroe coming into form and they've got 6 guys who can hit, 2 who can't and Dalbec who you never know about. 

Keep it rolling.

By the way, do they import cicadas into The Trop?  There was an annoying sound all night from that godforsaken place.

elktonnick

The Trop is a disgusting filthy place.  It has no redeeming features.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 23, 2021, 08:32:19 AM
The Trop is a disgusting filthy place.  It has no redeeming features.

I went there with my kids about 10 years ago.  The Rays were playing well and there were a lot of fans.  Nice people insulted my teenage and younger kids for wearing Sox gear.  Then you go sit in dim lighting with moron fans to watch a game on a substandard surface, obstructions and bullpens in the outfield. 

elktonnick

The food court when we went had been newly renovated and still was filthy.