5. Manuel Margot (R) RF
6. Francisco Mejia (S) C
7. Brandon Lowe (L) 2B
8. Taylor Walls (S) SS
9. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 86°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

E-Rod has to stand up and be counted, and that means he has to go out tomorrow and pitch a gem for a change and win that game.  In the next half dozen games we all will see what the team is really made of---either a team that can be a serious contender or a gutless paper tiger.  Both the Rays and the Yankees were swept by the Red Sox in their first meeting and both are out for revenge.  The team MUST NOT LET THEM GET THAT----- PERIOD!!!!!.  WE MUST WIN BOTH SERIES AND NOT GO INTO THE TANK AND THAT IS MY WORRY.  And for Pete's sake Alex Cora let's get our defensive alignment settled once and for all and cut this shit about moving players around like this is a chess match.  Enough of that.  It has not worked and our defense has been hurt badly by it.  And get Marwin the Miserable out that lineup once and for all.

rkarp

I would think and hope that the Rays do not have the offensive fire power to really tee off on the pitching staff. RS have to play smart, error free both on defense and on the base paths.

Arroyo injured. Santana and Marwin really doing nothing offensively. Cora carrying an extra P and one less bench player really has very limited options to who he can play, with an eye on resting players. I would think we see Franchy next. he has been raking in AAA. 

longgame

Should be at least a move to replace Plawecki but this team needs some bats.

Sea Dog 23

Arroyo did have a collision with key key, but diagnosed as only a bruised shin and day to day.  Pawlecki could be a problem with a hammy, I think it is.  Can Marwin be backup catcher?  /Joking

longgame

Hernandez at 2B.  They wanted him to play 2B but he couldn't win the job over Arroyo but supposedly it's where he's best.  That leaves us with Santana in CF.  The good news is that from 2 through 7 we're pretty solid and Dalbec can always hit one hard. 

E-Rod needs to get his head together.

Sea Dog 23

Pawlecki did go on the IL.  They called up Conner Wong to help behind Vaz.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 22, 2021, 03:11:27 PM
Pawlecki did go on the IL.  They called up Conner Wong to help behind Vaz.

I had hoped they'd add a bat, i.e. Duran in addition. I think they have 14 pitchers right now on the active roster.

markj

Rays up 2-0 in the first because of errors by Raffy and Xander. More sloppy play.

markj

Dalbec K's swinging at pitches low and outside. I'm amazed any pitcher gives him anything but those types of pitches.

markj

markj

Xander with an 11 pitch AB that finally yielded a single. 1st and 3rd, no outs.

markj

markj

markj

Yarborough with 67 pitches in 2 innings with 5 ER. Yikes.