Quote from: markj on June 15, 2021, 12:25:19 PM
7:20PM Eastern

Red Sox

Eduardo Rodriguez (L)

Braves

Tucker Davidson (L)

Gametime Temp: 95°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

oH @#$%, THE NIBBLER AGAIN!!!!!  E-Rod has been a miserable disappointment for well over a month and is back to nibbling again, getting himself in trouble with walks and then BOOM, a big hit and we're in a pile of shit.  The joy of last night's victory could be a short lived affair unless Eduord gets hit stuff together and pounds the strike zone and finally starts pitching like a solid starter he is supposed to be.  Chavis is back but that means nothing if Alex Cora is going to keep jerking him in and out of the lineup.  Kiki Hernandez has never been a regular and is ill-suited to be one with us because as we all have seen he doen not hit that well in that role.  Still, we have no one yet to replace him wi th, certainly not the horse dung Santana or the departed (hopefully forever) Franch Fry.  As for Marwin Gonzalez he needs to either shit or  get off the pot because he has been a total dud offensively for us all season.  Maybe the two hits he got last night might propel him forward and it would be long overdue.  We need as many hit ters as we can get in thatl ineup  with the pitching w've been sending out there of late, though Nathan's job last night was outstanding.  We need more of that from the rest of the crew.

Sea Dog 23

Turnabout is fair play.  ERod has a good 1st after the Sox bomb Davidson for two blasts and 4 runs.  Devers is a machine at the key moments in games.

markj

Sox with 3 errors tonight. 2 just in this inning and they've already cost them a run. Braves coming back. Now 7-5 Sox. Braves have men on 2nd and 3rd and no outs.

markj

Now Braves have bases loaded and no outs. This won't end well.

markj

elktonnick

The Red Sox are playing stupid stupid baseball.  E-Rod has always been very frustrating pitcher for me to watch because suddenly he goes brain dead and pitches dumb.  Now Kike and Vasquez start playing stupid as well.

elktonnick

markj

Barnes gives back a run, but finally closes it out. Sox win 10-8. Sloppy game, but a win is a win. And TB lost, so Sox gain a game.

elktonnick

Sox pull out a win despite sloppy defense and some really dumb plays, too many to count.

BoSoxFanNY

The bats won this game tonight!
Scored 4 runs in the first, 1 run in the third, 2 runs in the fifth
and 3 runs in the eighth inning.

Sox beat the Braves 10 - 8.

AND the White Sox beat the Rays 3 - 0.

SeaBeachFred

Crappy pitching by E-Rod, sloppy defense and stupid playing by our players, but we won.  I'm going to be satisfied with that tonight.  We could have lost this game.

Sea Dog 23

Sox are playing some crazy ball, but finding the mojo late in games.  As long as they’re not digging out of early inning holes, they will keep the batters in good positives to make all at bats a battle.

Some pivoting news coming from Rays overnight.  Glasgow has a tear in his UCL.  Of course they have another 77 pitchers ready to go, it seems like.  Manfred’s crackdown on illegal substances by pitchers begins on 6/21.  That could be a real clusterduck for all teams right there.

MongoLikeSox

So, if you have two relievers to choose from, one being a multi inning guy, why would you bring the multi-inning guy in the the pitcher's spot due up the next inning? Seems like Sawamura would have been the better choice, and then follow him with Whitlock. Instead, Whitlock gets a hit and we all saw what happened when he came back out.

Miscues notwithstanding, I blame that inning on Cora.

And Taylor verse Hernandez for a critical bases load spot? Nope, not feeling the DH. It was going to be hairy no matter when they got in. At least we didn't see Andriese. 

My biggest concern is Barnes. Looks like he's back to trying to be too cute. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on June 16, 2021, 06:17:28 AM
So, if you have two relievers to choose from, one being a multi inning guy, why would you bring the multi-inning guy in the the pitcher's spot due up the next inning? Seems like Sawamura would have been the better choice, and then follow him with Whitlock. Instead, Whitlock gets a hit and we all saw what happened when he came back out.

Miscues notwithstanding, I blame that inning on Cora.

And Taylor verse Hernandez for a critical bases load spot? Nope, not feeling the DH. It was going to be hairy no matter when they got in. At least we didn't see Andriese. 

My biggest concern is Barnes. Looks like he's back to trying to be too cute.

One thing Barnes must NOT revert to is trying to be cute on the mound and is up to pitching coach Bush to get him back into proper use of his brain in such situations.  Two games in a row he has tried to outthink himself with dangerous results.  We could have lost both games instead of winning them.  As for Andriesee, keep in mind he stunk last year with two  teams and why Cora has used him in tough situations has escaped my alleged mind.   I say alleged because I can't think of any reason why he should be used in any tense situation so I wonder if I'm missing something here.  The guy sucks like Brewer and Weber but then again, maybe we are that deficient in pitching in the minors that he is often the best we have to dispense into games.