8. Cavan Biggio (L) RF
9. Reese McGuire (L) C

Gametime Temp: 71°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 12, 2021, 12:10:26 PM
Xander sitting out again.

Why????  Does anyone know why markj?  Seems almost every game either Bogie, or Verdugo or Vaz or Rafey is sitting.  These guys need to be in that lineup unless they are lame and can't go out there.  Hangnails or aching teeth should not keep you out of the lineup.  BTW,it would be great to finally see a well pitched game today by our guys.  Our pitchers have been getting the shit knocked out of them the past few games, but on the other hand we have shown that we can come back from a deficit and that is a sign of a team that doesn't quit easily.  So I  guess my diatribe is just a wash.

markj

Xander was out yesterday due to a sore knee. I'd assume it's still bothering him, so he's sitting again.

Sea Dog 23

Pivetta as usually takes time to settle in, giving 2 runs early.  The comeback kids will have to limber up again, as they’ve done 24 times this year.

markj

Down 6-1. I'll be very surprised if they dig themselves out of this hole.

Sea Dog 23

Jays went long ball today.  Sox only have 5 hits to show.  I’m concerned about our pitching of late.  One bright spot, Brennan, the Seattle release, pitched 3 clean innings today but allowed a couple walks.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 12, 2021, 06:14:39 PM
Jays went long ball today.  Sox only have 5 hits to show.  I’m concerned about our pitching of late.  One bright spot, Brennan, the Seattle release, pitched 3 clean innings today but allowed a couple walks.

Sea Dog, one thing I've learned over my0years on this Earth is that some pitchers pitch very well when the team is behind or hopelessly out of a game as was the case today, but when called upon to hold a lead or save a game or even pitch in a tie game they swallow the apple in their throats.  Maybe Brennan is different, maybe not.  Seattle is not known for its winning ways and if they sent this guy packing I see a red flag right there.  On the other hand, that team let Chris Taylor go for peanuts three years ago and he has emerged as one of the better ballplayers for the Dodgers and versatile to play six positions.  So who knows.  As for today, well, write if off as a bad day at black rock.