5. Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
6. Michael Brantley (L) LF
7. Kyle Tucker (L) RF
8. Martin Maldonado (R) C
9. Myles Straw (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 27%

longgame

A chance at redemption for the Sox who need to show up in some big games.  However they've been beating up on their own division quite heavily. 

Sea Dog 23

With the lefty up I hope Arroyo gets the leadoff.  He seems to be in rhythm now.  It’s time for Kike’ and Dalbec to break out of the slumps, Bobby is below the Mendoza line now.  Without those two guys hitting, records against Rays and Jays are going to be slim pickens down the line.

longgame

Arroyo back up at leadoff, JDM returns, Verdugo out (not sure why, probably rest day even though he shouldn't need it), Plawecki in again today.

markj

Just can't find a way to beat this team. 'Stros just own the Sox this year, I guess.

longgame

Sad display against the Astros again.  Not sure why they have their number as the Sox have played well against pretty much everyone else. 

There may be a reckoning coming on pitching though.  This guy they faced has come out of nowhere to have a ridiculous breaking ball.  Of course a lot of the Sox (especially Dalbec and Hernandez never saw a ball out of their reach spinning away from them that they didn't think they could hit) hack at a lot of those pitches, but this is ridiculous.  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't as good the rest of the season.

Did everyone see Gerrit Cole try to answer the question about whether he's used "Spider Tack"?  https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31592408/new-york-yankees-gerrit-cole-whether-ever-used-spider-tack-pitching-quite-know-how-answer-that