5. Gleyber Torres (R) SS
6. Chris Gittens (R) 1B
7. Miguel Andujar (R) LF
8. Gary Sanchez (R) C
9. Clint Frazier (R) RF

Gametime Temp: 86°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, Sox up 7-3. And I'm still nervous. C'mon, Barnes. End this.

markj

Schloicka

I can see why Workman was let go in the offseason. Hopefully he comes around. Had some unexpected hits tonight for the Sox. Maybe those players will turn it around. Nice win in a comeback.

BoSoxFanNY

E Rod pitched better tonight . . .

Sox score 4 runs in the top of the 8th inning
to beat the Yankees 7 - 4.
Bobby D hits a 2 run bomb in The Bronx.

YAHOO!
Sox take the series in The Bronx.

Sea Dog 23

Good to see Whitlock, the kid Yanks gave up on, get the win.  Although he did allow the tying run.  Also Ottavino has a clean inning in his return to Bronx (can’t recall if he pitched last night).

SeaBeachFred

Great come from behind win at Yankee Stadium where we've had a lot of trouble since 2018.  We needed to win this series and I'm pleased that we have, but while it seems that the Yankees are in a funk of sorts it would be very nice if we could change our script and win a Sunday game that will help us sweep a series for a change---especially against our bitterest rivals.  That would be swell.

Sea Dog 23

Well point in fact, the 21 Sox are alive and kicking.  In ‘20 we were 4-20 vs Rays and Yanks.  As of today Sox stand at 5-0 against those guys.

MongoLikeSox

So, what's y'alls' opinion on putting Workman in when he was put in? It was not a save situation, but it was no blowout. It was in a largely empty Yankee Stadium, but it was still Yankee Stadium. He's an unknown commodity at that point and we need to see what he's got.

So, do you use him for the first time like Cora did, or do you wait for a better lead or deficit in a less crucial time of some other game?

Me? I don't know. Might be why I'm chewing on this two days later over a PB&J. My first thought was no, do not use him now. I can see the positives in doing so, though. To Cora's credit, he did have Barnes ready for that 2nd base runner reaching thing. Actually, I was quite surprised to see him waltz out of the dugout. I had imagine one of those "get someone up" phone calls.

longgame

I think he wanted to avoid using Barnes but didn't have a choice at the end.  There are a lot of guys who need the experience of pitching in a close game at places like Yankee Stadium.