6. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
7. Clint Frazier (R) LF
8. Gary Sanchez (R) C
9. Brett Gardner (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 72°F
Chance of Precip: 23%

Sea Dog 23

I don’t know much about Michael King. I did find his stat line as,

0-2, 2.86 era, 22.0 IP, 20K:10BB.  We have a slight advantage not facing Cole or Kluber (IL).  The late inning relievers of course, are there strong suit.  Who the heck knows what lefty batters show up.  I hope that Marwin and Santana are no-shows.  Only Mark really knows!

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 04, 2021, 09:31:50 AM

0-2, 2.86 era, 22.0 IP, 20K:10BB.  We have a slight advantage not facing Cole or Kluber (IL).  The late inning relievers of course, are there strong suit.  Who the heck knows what lefty batters show up.  I hope that Marwin and Santana are no-shows.  Only Mark really knows!

The Sox have faced a lot of guys who are unknown but have a low ERA and can punch guys out.  The results usually aren't good.  Since they don't walk, that doesn't help us much either. 

These two teams will either break out of their offensive funks or we'll have a bunch of low scoring games. 

Murph

Quote from: longgame on June 04, 2021, 11:44:37 AM

The Sox have faced a lot of guys who are unknown but have a low ERA and can punch guys out.  The results usually aren't good.  Since they don't walk, that doesn't help us much either. 

These two teams will either break out of their offensive funks or we'll have a bunch of low scoring games.

Coming into this series the Sox have a team BA of 257 the Yanks at 227 .  Sox 70  HR  NYY  67

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on June 04, 2021, 01:00:00 PM
Quote from: longgame on June 04, 2021, 11:44:37 AM

Coming into this series the Sox have a team BA of 257 the Yanks at 227 .  Sox 70  HR  NYY  67

Well let's see Murph if those figures translates into a couple of wins this weekend.  Certainly we need to make things happen since we only beat the New Yorkers once last season in 11 tries and that just stinks.  Bogaerts had better come ready to play since he has taken a few days off at the plate and that goes for the rest of the batting order as well.  As for Santana, Gonzales and perhaps Kiki, they should just keep taking this weekend off since that's what they've been doing for much of the season.

longgame

The Yankees lineup looks tougher on paper than they have been in reality.  Let's hope Eovaldi is sharp and eats some innings too.

Not sure I get Santana at the top of the lineup but he's not Hernandez so he's got that going for him.  They simply don't have someone who can get on base consistently as a leadoff guy on the roster right now.  Gonzalez is in at 1B, who knows why (I'm sure it's because he's a switch hitter vs Dalbec who is a righty against the righty the Yanks are throwing) but he's really a waste of a roster spot so far.

Schloicka

markj

SeaBeachFred

I'm pleased about tonight's win.  Nathan was shaky in the first and gave up two runs in the sixth but in between pitched pretty well, and Sawamura and Barnes did very well, striking out eight of the nine batters they faced which made me very happy.  Always great to beat that team and it helps after our pratfall in Houston.  Now let's win this series.

markj

Rays lose, so Sox are one game back but tied in the loss column.