6. Jon Berti (R) 3B
7. Isan Diaz (L) 2B
8. Sandy Leon (S) C
9. Jose Devers (L) SS

Gametime Temp: 44°F
Chance of Precip: 55%

markj

Check that game time temp. It's Memorial Day weekend, for Pete's sake.  sigh

Forecast is for rain with 20-30MPH winds. Not baseball weather at all. There will be several rained out games in the Northeast this weekend I think.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 29, 2021, 10:15:27 AM

Forecast is for rain with 20-30MPH winds. Not baseball weather at all. There will be several rained out games in the Northeast this weekend I think.

Looks like we might be seeing a lot of seven inning double-headers when it finally does get warm.  I enjoy coming to Boston but the city has to have some of the shittiest weather right now in the country.  Somebody tell the sun to start coming out in that town.

longgame

Gale Warnings and Coastal Flooding Warnings for the area, but the game must go on!  It may be a delayed start but it looks like the rain clears out for the most part but it will still be cold and windy.  We've been in the 90s the past few days down here but the warm weather came late this year and New England is always a month cooler than us.

Tomorrow looks like rain all day and remaining windy so I'd guess that's going to be rescheduled somehow.

Sea Dog 23

Maybe Cora gets a break. With a day game following two late nights,  he was probably going to sit one or two of our big guns.  I think we’re now in a spot on the schedule with 10 games in 10 days.  Lots of shuffling on the way, Alex.

markj

They might actually squeak this game in today. Looks like it's clearing a bit in Boston. Still cold and windy, but at least the rain is holding off.

Sea Dog 23

The bottom 4 are all hitting today.  Dalbec and Plawecki have the 2 RBI’s.  Renfroe is en fuego lately, 2 for 2 today!  Now 2-0 in the 5th,

Schloicka

MongoLikeSox

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 29, 2021, 06:51:44 PM
Nice! Some emotion, too. Fired up.  thumb_u

Still cold out there but at least we didn't have a downpour again.  We got a lot of hits and could have scored more but no complaints, the team looked more fired up than usual and we won the game.  Still tomorrow is the key.  Can we SWEEP a series?  Can we come out tomorrow fired up and not sluggish?  Are we capable of carrying this over and making ourselves a team to finally be reckoned with again after two crapola seasons?  I'm waiting for Sunday to seei if we have finally turned the corner and become a real team to be reckoned with.

Sea Dog 23

A toast to the Sox pitching, and doing all this without Sale and Richards on the ropes early on.  I saw a stat that Sox pitching is tops in the AL in least HRs allowed  (38), and 5th in best ERA.  The HR record helps, as our pitchers are troubled by many times having men on base.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 29, 2021, 10:44:15 PM

Still cold out there but at least we didn't have a downpour again.  We got a lot of hits and could have scored more but no complaints, the team looked more fired up than usual and we won the game.  Still tomorrow is the key.  Can we SWEEP a series?  Can we come out tomorrow fired up and not sluggish?  Are we capable of carrying this over and making ourselves a team to finally be reckoned with again after two crapola seasons?  I'm waiting for Sunday to seei if we have finally turned the corner and become a real team to be reckoned with.
Managing the energy level of a team for an emotional roller coaster of a 162 game season has got to be quite a challenge. I really do get the once in a while, a team needs a relaxing day. Especially a team in a pressure cooker like Boston, NY or even Philly. Having said that, this might be one of those times where I would keep the burner on full blast. I like where they are right now. There gonna need to be there for this next stretch coming up, me thinks. 

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on May 29, 2021, 10:15:27 AM

CLIMATE CHANGE coming to take our BASEBALL away !!!!!  Yes & de-de , the world is coming to an end !!!!! iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Well the gates were open at Fenway yesterday.  Broadcasters commented on a “near sellout”, but there were a few mostly unoccupied sections on the park.

Expecting a full crowd for the Indy 500 today.  America is open for business in a lot of places.  God bless America!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 30, 2021, 06:09:40 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 29, 2021, 10:44:15 PM

Managing the energy level of a team for an emotional roller coaster of a 162 game season has got to be quite a challenge. I really do get the once in a while, a team needs a relaxing day. Especially a team in a pressure cooker like Boston, NY or even Philly. Having said that, this might be one of those times where I would keep the burner on full blast. I like where they are right now. There gonna need to be there for this next stretch coming up, me thinks.

That was my whole point Mongo and maybe I should have been clearer about what I exactly meant.  We have two teams and possibly  three in our division who are potentially capable of going on a long winning streak and maybe put a couple of them together.  Our pace has been good but we need to be able to to do what those teams might be able to do and what the Rays have been doing and what the Yankees recently did.  We are not in the NL East or AL Central; this is one helluva tough division and we have to play like we are in it.