6. Pablo Sandoval (S) DH
7. Guillermo Heredia (R) LF
8. Ender Inciarte (L) CF
9. William Contreras (R) C

Gametime Temp: 76°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

markj

Sea Dog 23

Pivetta getting roughed up tonight.  Gave up 3 early on, but struck out Albies to get out of a big jam in the 2nd.  It’s life at Fenway this year, all you can say.

markj

And suddenly things are looking up. Sox take the lead right before a rain delay. Looks like it might last a while.

markj

They should just call this game. Still raining and more heavy rain on the way.

BoSoxFanNY

HOW long will they be in a rain delay?????
It has been in a delay for for over 2 1/2 hours.

BoSoxFanNY

Starting to play now -
CRAZY!!!!!

Both teams do not have a game on the schedule -
so, my guess is that is why they did not call the game.

RIDICULOUS!

BoSoxFanNY

They continued to play in the rain.
Red Sox beat the Braves 9 - 5.
Sox score 2 more runs in the bottom of
the 8th inning.
Braves score one more in the top of the 9th.

Game ended at 1:00am.

Should have called the game earlier . . .

longgame

I was shocked when I flipped over just before midnight just to see if they finally called the game and they were getting ready to take the field.  Too bad this one wasn't contiguous, it actually started to become entertaining for a change.

Last night I was thinking how boring they've (and baseball) has become.  You go stretches of innings where at least the opposing pitcher dispatches our guys with 8 pitches.  Other team manage an occassional hit or two or an extended at bat here and there. Other than that, last night was shaping up similarly - no hits other than the 2 HRs, until finally they strung something together in the 6th.  Just getting tough to keep watching boring games night after night. 

Off day today so the Sox should be very well rested to take on Miami.  I'm surprised Cora didn't give half the team the night off.

MongoLikeSox

Wow! I guess we checked in right before play resumed, then. Was turning in either way.

How interesting it is to see Dalbec look like he is starting to come out of it and then turn in some stinker ABs. He's had to have gone through that cycle a few times this month alone.

I missed most of the offense. The first couple of innings that I did see were numbing. I ended up leaving the room to play guitar. Came back just in time to see Arroyo K and then the tarp went on.

Until Friday! 

Sea Dog 23

As far as Dalbec slumping, he presents an analytical puzzle for those inclined.  His line yesterday was .200 / .225 / .640.  Against righties with 87 AB he has 21 total bases and .19 walk to K ratio.  Cora chose to pull him for Santana this game.  But I’d like to stick with Bobby and not go the Chavis route.

MongoLikeSox

SD23, I think I agree with you on BD. That 1B spot is is future, at least for a few years.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 26, 2021, 08:19:04 PM
And suddenly things are looking up. Sox take the lead right before a rain delay. Looks like it might last a while.

We got lucky for a change with a big explosion of sorts before the rains came crashing down, and believe me, we can use use all the help we can get.  That rain delay was ridiculous and it went on and on and on and on some more.  Why they didn't call the game after almost thee hours was just plain dumb.   Of course, I was afraid that if it did continue our bullpen would give the game back to the Braves.  I don't know about the rest of you but I simply do not have confidence in our team at the moment.  Cora has his favorites like Gonzales and Cordero and he loves to jerk Dalbec around as he has with Chavis.  And I still don't know if we can win more than three or four games in a row before our players need an oxygen tent for exhaustion.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 27, 2021, 08:04:55 AM
I was shocked when I flipped over just before midnight just to see if they finally called the game and they were getting ready to take the field.  Too bad this one wasn't contiguous, it actually started to become entertaining for a change.

Last night I was thinking how boring they've (and baseball) has become.  You go stretches of innings where at least the opposing pitcher dispatches our guys with 8 pitches.  Other team manage an occassional hit or two or an extended at bat here and there. Other than that, last night was shaping up similarly - no hits other than the 2 HRs, until finally they strung something together in the 6th.  Just getting tough to keep watching boring games night after night. 

Off day today so the Sox should be very well rested to take on Miami.  I'm surprised Cora didn't give half the team the night off.

Wel pick your poison Ted-----exhaustion after three or four wins or rest and coming up lazy and disorientated from the time off.  We seem to be masters at both.