5. Alec Bohm (R) 3B
6. Brad Miller (L) RF
7. Andrew Knapp (S) C
8. Ronald Torreyes (R) SS
9. Zack Wheeler (L) P

Gametime Temp: 86°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

Don't we have a day off tomorrow?  Then why on earth are Bogaerts, Martinez and Verdugo sitting?  Oh yes, Alex is once again having trouble keeping his over muscled body from breaking down.  Still going up against Wheeler with trash like Gonzales and Frenchy in there doesn't seem like we have our best men in there.  I don't see the Yankees resting their best players.

Schloicka

Damn shift in the 1st inning cost them 4 runs. Weak ground ball through the 2nd base position with 2 outs and no runs in. Plus the ball that was hit was away. Why pitch it away when playing the guy to pull?

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 23, 2021, 12:00:40 PM
Don't we have a day off tomorrow?  Then why on earth are Bogaerts, Martinez and Verdugo sitting?  Oh yes, Alex is once again having trouble keeping his over muscled body from breaking down.  Still going up against Wheeler with trash like Gonzales and Frenchy in there doesn't seem like we have our best men in there.  I don't see the Yankees resting their best players.

AGREE!  They have an off day tomorrow AND Wheeler is a good pitcher.
UGHHHHH - E Rod gives up 4 runs in the first inning.
Wheeler is cruising . . .

FRUSTRATING!
Have to hope for a Blue Jays win.
AND the White Sox, who were playing so well
have not been able to score against the Yankees.
CRAP!

Sea Dog 23

Cora must have been banking on an ERod gem.  This lineup can’t spot them 4 and easily wage a comeback.

markj

markj

No sweep today. At least the Pale Hose came back to tie the game with the Yanks. Hope they win it.

markj

So much for that. Yanks come back to win 5-4. Sox now tied with TB for 1st. Yanks right there with 19 in the loss column.

Sea Dog 23

The Rays are on a 10 game streak, I think.  And they just traded their SS Adames for more relief pitchers.

markj

And TB is in worse shape than the So when it comes to home field. They have a losing record at home, 11-12.

SeaBeachFred

I have a few things to say about today's game.  I told my wife Linda before the game that my team was going to get beat today.  Reasons?  Cora's shitty lineup, musclebrain's absence from the lineup again whether a hammy or oblique or leg cramp or muscle tightness, Verdugo is starting to shape up like a human MASH unit,  E-Rod's continued failure to step up and give us a Rays or Yankee pitched game instead of looking like dog shit on the mound again.  When you have a day off on Monday you do not have to rest your guys on Sunday.  What are they, a pack of namby-pamby candy asses?  The Yankees don't do that very often; we seem to do it too much.  AND we don't sweep a series anymore; we either can't or lack the energy to win more than three or four games in a row.  Well let me put some colors in their paint box.  Unless the team can start winning five or six games in a row and do it three or four times in the next three months, we are not going anywhere in the post season because we will be dead candy-asses  walking. Let's just hope this lack of energy which has festered in our team since the beginning of the 2019 season finds its way out because I just feel our team does not have the mental toughness to compete with two other teams that are determined to finish ahead of us.

Sea Dog 23

Im not getting too concerned about the Sox quite yet.  The Sox have started season well and have been tinkering with lineups.  The pitchers who will carry we know, Sale is an unknown of course.

OK, our boys have started playing the tough part of the schedule.  Early games were mostly against softies. The tough customers are waiting. Wins over Jays and Phil’s for starters. Series upcoming with the Bravos, Marlins, Astros will help define who this team really is.  The games through July are with mostly the top of the AL and could wear out some pitchers.  Sox are still in reset mode, maybe late in the reset hopefully. I don’t think Bloom built this team to do anything but contend.  The parts of the Beni trade was the evidence.

longgame

I'm tired of this repeated pattern of win a series and give away the last game so guys can rest.  Plus there were plenty of rest opportunities without a DH in the lineup.  And don't rest two of your top run producers on the same day.

It's amazing that they get paid more for a day off then guys who played every game used to make in a season.

Now they'll be sluggish on Tuesday setting up a crappy homestand.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 24, 2021, 09:20:52 AM
I'm tired of this repeated pattern of win a series and give away the last game so guys can rest.  Plus there were plenty of rest opportunities without a DH in the lineup.  And don't rest two of your top run producers on the same day.

It's amazing that they get paid more for a day off then guys who played every game used to make in a season.

Now they'll be sluggish on Tuesday setting up a crappy homestand.

Good point Ted.  We are energy deficient at the end of a series of a few wins and with a resting of key players are sluggish as hell the beginning of a homestand or road trip. That seems to be the way things get played out for us since 2019.  Plus we stink at home is the best way I can put it.  The Red Sox should always have the advantage in Fenway Park if their roster is set up to take advantage of 81 games at home but that is not the way it has been working out.  Now we get the Braves, a team I despise as a bunch of rotten choke up artists who blew a 3-1 game lead to the Dodgers in the NLCS last fall (bragging rights Ted......I predicted to my wife in the fifth game they would choke).  We need an energized and fresh team and not a sluggish one dto take the field tomorrow and for once have a great homestand.  It seems to have been a long while since we had one of  them.  Get your shit together Alex and get this team playing good dball for more than three or four games in a row as the Rays and Yankees have done.

Sea Dog 23

Fred, while you’re talking baseball with your wife, who do y’all think is the best manager over the last 5-6 years, Madden or Cora?