5. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
7. Cavan Biggio (L) DH
8. Santiago Espinal (R) 3B
9. Danny Jansen (R) C

Gametime Temp: 83°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

elktonnick

Best news is that Mass will allow full capacity at Fenway on May 29.

MongoLikeSox

markj

This game went south quickly. E-Rod managed to hit a lot of bats.

markj

markj

BoSoxFanNY

MongoLikeSox

Poor defense, too.

Renfroe's somewhat slow speed twice factored in to play today twice on top of that strange throw. Not a happy night for him.

This game reminds me of that last A's, except this time the other team is doing the smart hitting thing.

On to tomorrow.                                                               

SeaBeachFred

After that heartbreaking loss on Sunday (thanks Cora for your managing boo boo), my fear was that loss would carry over into this week.  So far so Bad.  We looked listless and crappy tonight and E-Rod was miserable on the mound.  Five hits is not going to do it either.  We can only hope tomorrow is better.  I wonder if we lack toughness as a team?

MongoLikeSox

I was stuck with the Toronto broadcasters via the MLB package. They kept harping on how well their boys were handling their at bats. Cora remarked in kind about the Blue Jays' at bats. It's like we switched places the past two years.

On the other hand, Ryu pitched very well. His pitches dropped down nicely. E-Rod's did not finish. he also missed his target too often. His last couple games have looked under-powered to me. If Houck was doing well, we could sit E-Rod for a week.

Sea Dog 23

I’ve said this before, that the Jays in the off-season built their fielding and batting for a penant run.  They added Semian and Springer to go along with several home grown stars.

Saw that the Sox will play through June 15 all against teams over .500.  A tough stretch that could turn boys into men.

longgame

The Jays do have a strong lineup but the bigger concern for me is if they run into any sort of decent pitching they completely wilt.  Seems like they can feast on bad pitching which everyone should, but this is the 10th game where they've scored 2 or fewer runs or about a quarter of their games.  You can't have no chance 25% of the time and call yourself a good team.  Sure the bottom of the lineup goes bad, but now Devers is doing his best Franchy imitation, swinging wildly at anything.  Hernandez is back so that means no more production out of the top of the lineup again too. 

The pitching was awful as well last night so probably a good night to have an off night offensively too.  I think they gave up something like 18 hits. 

elktonnick

While E Rod regressed last night, credit the Blue Jays batters for playing the field and the wind and taking what they were given.  None of the Jays were pulling the ball.  They consistently went the other way.  The Red Sox batters didn't.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on May 19, 2021, 11:38:17 AM
While E Rod regressed last night, credit the Blue Jays batters for playing the field and the wind and taking what they were given.  None of the Jays were pulling the ball.  They consistently went the other way.  The Red Sox batters didn't.

And that wind was obvious from the first at bat.  Crazy that they also had to push back game times due to the sun.  Red Auerbach would have loved the place - I bet the AC doesn't work in the visitor's locker room!