5. Jose Iglesias (R) SS
6. Phil Gosselin (R) 1B
7. Justin Upton (R) LF
8. Kurt Suzuki (R) C
9. David Fletcher (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 71°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

SeaBeachFred

Once again Cora   has to push the envelope and pencil French Fry into the lineup again.  What does it take for the guy to grow a brain and realize Cordero is four outs waiting to happen and bad outs at that----like  two or three strikeouts.  Chavis had a bad game and now he gets jerked around again. We could be in real trouble today with that guy back in the lineup.  We usually are when he's in there like the Jonah that he appears to be.  OTOH if the guy suddenly has a very good game at the plate and in the field I'll eat the crow and admit the error of my prediction but I'm afraid it's going to be another I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!

Sea Dog 23

Fred, I think Danny Santana is the chosen one to replace Franchero.  He was just promoted to Worchester after a rehab.  I think he gets the call up next week, as they have to play him in Boston or he opts out this month as per his contract.  That’s just my guess about the timing.

markj

markj

Darwinzon is trying to make it a tighter game. Two walks in the inning so far.

markj

Darwinzon gets out of his self-created jam. But 21 pitches and only 8 strikes?

markj

markj

Brice gives up a single, but then goes 1-2-3. Shutout preserved. Sox win 9-0. Sweet.

markj

Brice gives up a single, but then goes 1-2-3. Shutout preserved. Sox win 9-0. Sweet.

SeaBeachFred

OK, I'l take a bite of crow stew.  Glad to see Cordero got a couple of hits....he needed them.  At least now he is not the lowest average hitter in baseball.  That prize goes to JBJ at 165 so the former crack CF and miserable hitter had better get a couple of knocks tonight or he will be behind FC.  Very good game today and it pleasantly surprised me, but now I wonder if the team will revert to their low energy persona that seems to infect them after a three or four game winning streak.  I hope not because it would be good to sweep a series after our pratfall against the A's, and we are the first team to reach 25 wins this season.  That  has to count for something.....at least for tonight.

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 15, 2021, 06:18:55 PM
...we are the first team to reach 25 wins this season.  That  has to count for something.....at least for tonight.

And we're 1/4 of the way through the season. Could a 100-win season be possible?

MongoLikeSox

That was fun!

I can't get a handle on Bryce.

I didn't comment as such, but Fred, if you'll pass me a bowl of stew.....

Why did Kiki get PH for last night after 2 ABs? I hope that was the plan.