5. Jed Lowrie (S) 2B
6. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
7. Seth Brown (L) RF
8. Sean Murphy (R) C
9. Elvis Andrus (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 64°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

I like this lineup with Chavis at the top, then the 5 guys who can hit, then Renfroe, Dalbec and Arauz.  Arauz is up because Arroyo went on the DL.  I'd rather take my chances with Arauz and Dalbec than with Franchy, although I may have kept Gonzalez in tonight after the big night.  I always hate it when Martinez is in LF too which just further shows that they they don't have the right personnel yet.   

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 13, 2021, 02:39:59 PM
I like this lineup with Chavis at the top, then the 5 guys who can hit, then Renfroe, Dalbec and Arauz.  Arauz is up because Arroyo went on the DL.  I'd rather take my chances with Arauz and Dalbec than with Franchy, although I may have kept Gonzalez in tonight after the big night.  I always hate it when Martinez is in LF too which just further shows that they they don't have the right personnel yet.

Getting swept tonight at home would be hard to take but there are players on this team who act like; they don't give a rat's ass about success and it seems like nothing we say is going to change that until some leader emerges in the clubhouse and raises some hell----as Papi did in game Four of the 2013 WS or Sale did in the fourth game of the 2018 Fall Classic.  And I don't see anyone on our team with those leadership skills to take charge.

MongoLikeSox

I still do not get the error-ooze selection. Baffles me to no end. Imagine a whole season..... bah! We had bigger fish to fry last year.

Last night, after XB missed that second hot shot, I told the Battleaxe that he was getting a day off tomorrow. Close enough? 

I like JD in left much better than Cordero. Almost sure handed. Almost. In comparison, much more so.

Speaking of FC, how'd you guys like that Monster-Cam shot last night of the ball hit off the wall? Nice throw back in.

I like the Chavis at the top thing, too. I don't mean for a regular gig or anything, but for emergency use - leaving the big 5 intact, etc.

Leave it up to Cora to nip any kind of momentum in the bud. Marwin finally ropes some. Ride the wave? Nope. Not this one.

MongoLikeSox

So, did he throw at him, or did Eck get too animated?

Anyone remember if it was money why Burks left? Pre-internet and I was 1,000 miles away. I know he signed a cheapish $2m one year deal, but that's it. Imagine that happening these days? Losing a star over easy money on a one year deal? I do remember *I think* Mrs Yawkey died around then and they backed out of a Boggs' deal that was about to be signed. Dark days for us on a couple of levels.

markj

MongoLikeSox

What a great relay. Heating up some crow-fingers for a little snack.  :-X

BoSoxFanNY

markj

Good pitching and lively bats. That'll get you a win every time.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

SeaBeachFred

We salvaged the third game of the series but let's be honest about it.  Although it was great to win one going away tonight we lost the series...AT HOME and overall it was a failure.  We have to win series at home and for some reason  the team has not been able to do that on anything resembling a consistent basis since 2018.  We host the Angels for a three game set starting tomorrow and that means my Linda and I will be looking with daggers pointing at each other.  Well maybe not daggers but she loves the Angels and Padres and so I'll get no support from her tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday.  Be nice to win this upcoming series.  In fact I think it is crucial that we show we can win a series at home.

And for Pete's sake Cora, DO NOT PENCIL FC INTO THAT LINEUP TOMORROW.

longgame

A pleasant change from the past few days of horribleness.  Chavis brought some nice energy to the top of the lineup.

I'm off to go camping for a few days so see ya until Tuesday. 

MongoLikeSox

There were some big league grape fruit being thrown last night. It's not over.

Fred, we face a righty tonight. We'll see if they are managing by mandate or his eyes. Ignoring gifts bestowed by the baseball deities seems unwise to me. Spark plugs when you need them most, people jumping out of slumps, etc.

The strings he pulled last night worked, though. (see crow-finger snack comments) That was his whole 2018 season.

Sea Dog 23

Yes, the bats came alive, good to see both Chavis and Dalbec getting hits.

I hope the pitching holds up.  Pivetta is having vax effects.  Meanwhile replacements are thin.  Seabold is out, Houck is ailing and Mata is done.  Thad Ward may be the only able body.