5. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
6. Ryan Mountcastle (R) LF
7. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
8. Pat Valaika (R) 1B
9. Ramon Urias (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 55°F
Chance of Precip: 73%

longgame

Back to the valley of death from 7 through 9 and back up to 1.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 07, 2021, 02:56:53 PM

That is what some baseball fans don't understand Ted.  When you have a couple of low-lifers in the lineup not doing much of anything with the stick, it creates a serious ripple effect throughout the lineup.   That was what always got my Italian up when Bradley was here.  The guy was cold over 2/3rds of the time and if there was another batter hitting before or after him it caused the top half of the order to struggle to pick up the slack.  We are getting that with what we have now at the bottom of the lineup.  Renfroe should be doing better than he has.  Hopefully he catches fire soon.

markj

Rain delay. Could be a long one, if they even get to start the game.

markj

markj

Sawamura comes in for E-Rod and immediately gives up a dinger. Sox up 4-2.

markj

Whitlock creates some drama, but gets out of his mess for two scoreless innings. Sox up 5-2. On to the ninth.

markj

Sox win 6-2. Sox back above .600.

Sea Dog 23

Well congrats to the 7-8-9.  Renfroe with a big hit, Dalbec off the schnide with a 3-run shot, even Frenchy drew a walk and scored.  Good to see Valdez come out and pitch a solid 9th.

elktonnick

The Red Sox have the best record in baseball despite their flaws.  Enjoy the ride!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 08, 2021, 07:16:12 AM
The Red Sox have the best record in baseball despite their flaws.  Enjoy the ride!

I still owe you a call Nick.  Talked to longgame and Sea Dog on Thursday and we all seem to agree that we are somewhat of a flawed team so  to me if I am to enjoy the ride I know it is going to be a bumpy one.  I wonder if we are capable of going on a five or six game winning streak, which I  think will necessary because I just feel that a couple of teams in our division might be going on a streak themselves.  If we could just get our bullpen, bottom of the order, defense and mental aspects of the game improved markedly we might be able to enjoy less bumpy ride..

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 07, 2021, 03:57:05 PM
Quote from: longgame on May 07, 2021, 02:56:53 PM

That is what some baseball fans don't understand Ted.  When you have a couple of low-lifers in the lineup not doing much of anything with the stick, it creates a serious ripple effect throughout the lineup.   That was what always got my Italian up when Bradley was here.  The guy was cold over 2/3rds of the time and if there was another batter hitting before or after him it caused the top half of the order to struggle to pick up the slack.  We are getting that with what we have now at the bottom of the lineup.  Renfroe should be doing better than he has.  Hopefully he catches fire soon.

By a couple of low lifers, I assume you mean 5 of them.