5. Niko Goodrum (S) SS
6. Willi Castro (S) 2B
7. JaCoby Jones (R) CF
8. Victor Reyes (S) RF
9. Grayson Greiner (R) C

Gametime Temp: 49°F
Chance of Precip: 72%

SeaBeachFred

Why is that rotten Cordero in the lineup again?  Is Cora under orders toplay this sap or does he really think the guy is really worth something.  He strinks and we can count  on another ofer tonight from that bum and maybe a loss which we cannot afford.  I sure as hell hope not.

MongoLikeSox

MongoLikeSox

BoSoxFanNY

CRAP
Top of the 10th inning
3 run homer for Detroit
Worst team in the AL

Tigers 6 - Sox 3

markj

Sox lose by one. E. Hernandez caught looking at a strike over the center of the plate.

BoSoxFanNY

And the Yankees beat the Astros.

Sox had their best chance to win the game in the bottom of the
9th inning.
Tigers 6 - Sox 5
Frustrating to lose to the Tigers. They were 1 - 9 in their last 10 games.
They had been swept by the Yankees. 
Their record was 8 - 22.
CRAP

Sox left 12 men on base.
3 for 16 RISP

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 05, 2021, 10:39:44 PM
And the Yankees beat the Astros.

Sox had their best chance to win the game in the bottom of the
9th inning.
Tigers 6 - Sox 5
Frustrating to lose to the Tigers. They were 1 - 9 in their last 10 games.
They had been swept by the Yankees. 
Their record was 8 - 22.
CRAP

Sox left 12 men on base.
3 for 16 RISP

My friend Pumpsie on the Boston Forums board said weeks ago that our team was a bad one and we would see it for what it was ver shortly.  I see it now.  THIS IS A VERY SHITTY TEAM.  They don't hit in the clutch, take third strikes right down the middle, have a horse dung bullplen, a manager under orders to play perhaps the worst player in the league in LF, and lose four of their last six games to last place teams.  THAT IS A SHITTY TEAM, A REAL SHITTY TEAM and most likely will lose another series to a last place team tomorrow.  We just suck!!!!!!!

MongoLikeSox

I'm hoping I forget the game is on early tomorrow. Swings at chin high junk and ...... ah bah!

XB smoked 2. On a better day.....

Sea Dog 23

Apart from the 9-game streak, however that happened, this is not a very good team as many have affirmed. About three starting pitchers and Barnes have justified their salaries, but the rest are largely journeymen trying to resurrect good years they had 2-3 years ago. Too many batters are slumping, Sox rank 27th in fielding.

As some are accepting it, this is a bridge year, MGT is not all in as implied.  If they have a less than .500 at home by July, Cora is gonna take the heat by himself.

longgame

Let's face it, this team has several guys who don't deserve playing time.  Cordero, Renfroe and Dalbec are pretty much worthless.  They can't hit, at least Dalbec plays a decent 1B.  Cordero may be the worst major league player I've seen.  Can't hit, can't field and is apparently totally freaked out by the wall in LF.  Booting that ball added a run which cost us the game Get him out of there.  Renfroe had one good game.  Last night he lazily jogged after a catchable ball that dropped for a hit in the 10th.  That can't happen.  Dalbec simply can't hit and coming up every time swinging for the fences won't help.  Let him get some time in at AAA and bring him back in September.  I'd love for him to do well, but we can't have a guy who doesn't see the baseball come up to bat every 9 times.  Hernandez has been a huge disappointment. 7, 8, 9 and 1 spots had 2 hits in 19ABs last night.  One among the outfielders (Hernandez) and Plawecki who came in late picked up a hit.  Then there's the middle relief which frankly would be better if they didn't make so many errors, shortening starts.

It's time to make some moves.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on May 06, 2021, 09:21:04 AM
.......Cordero may be the worst major league player I've seen.  Can't hit, can't field and is apparently totally freaked out by the wall in LF.  Booting that ball added a run which cost us the game Get him out of there.
It's time to make some moves.
I was thinking about that last night. I couldn't come up with another. I was not alive for Dick Stuart's era, but he could hit at least.

By my memory, that's 3 misplays of his that cost us big so far. The playing in too shallow, a play at the wall earlier in the year that I remember little about and last night. Can't pin all 3 losses on him, but damn! Heck, there might be more.

It doesn't help that the woosox are starting the year on a collective slump.