6. Jose Trevino (R) C
7. Willie Calhoun (L) DH
8. Charlie Culberson (R) 3B
9. Eli White (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 70°F
Chance of Precip: 32%

Sea Dog 23

A factoid overlooked last night by NESN ,

Brett de Geus pitched the last 2 innings for the Rangers and lowered his ERA to 6.75.  He was taken two picks before Garrett Whitlock in the Rule 5 draft.  Whitlock now has a 0.0 ERA through 18 batters this season. Somewhere Bloom has a smile on his face.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 01, 2021, 09:03:49 AM
7:05PM Eastern

Red Sox

Eduardo Rodriguez (L)

Rangers

Jordan Lyles (R)

1. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) SS
2. Nick Solak (R) 2B
3. Joey Gallo (L) RF
4. Adolis Garcia (R) LF
5. Nate Lowe (L) 1B
6. Jose Trevino (R) C
7. Willie Calhoun (L) DH
8. Charlie Culberson (R) 3B
9. Eli White (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 70°F
Chance of Precip: 32%

We need to come out swinging again tonight and give E-Rod the support we gave Nathan least evening.  The good part was blasting three homers and junping out to a 6-1 lead.  The not-so-good part is that we scuffled after that and got only five hits total.  Some of the other guys need to start stepping up to help the cause along.  A good April for sure considering what the experts were saying about our chances this year, but May is here and it would be a great start to go out and help Rodriguez keep up the good work for his fifth win.  I think in his last 20 appearances on the hill our record is something like 17-3.  Please guys, keep it up.

Sea Dog 23

It's turned into a slugfest down in Texas tonight.  Renfroe has a 2-run blast to show, and JD,  Bogey, and Dalbec have rbi's.  It's 5-4 going to the 6th.

MongoLikeSox

ugh!

Guys, this is my fault and I apologize. We came back downstairs and turned the game on about three seconds before Vasquez swung at that awful pitch to force out the lead runner with bases loaded. It's gone downhole from there. I understand my offenses and accept punishment with dignity. Stupid jinxes.

sigh

markj

markj

Bats active tonight, but the BP wasn't willing to go along.

Sea Dog 23

It's been  a rough and tumble day for Sox fans.  My neighbor cross the street suffered a heart attack.  Took six tries to resuscitate him, but he pulled through.  Big Sox fan, orig from NYCity.

MongoLikeSox

I suppose the BP having a rough day is going to happen from time to time. E-Rod had a rough outing. Hopefully we pull off a split today. Richards, IIRC.

longgame

Pretty poorly played game overall.  Sox have a good record but have yet to look sharp.