5. Nate Lowe (L) 1B
6. Jose Trevino (R) C
7. David Dahl (L) LF
8. Charlie Culberson (R) 3B
9. Eli White (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 69°F
Chance of Precip: 23%

Sea Dog 23

Let's go get 'em.  Sox are tied with LAD for 2nd best record in baseball this year.  Royals on top.

MongoLikeSox

Oh, good. I was a little afraid that Vasquez's littlw head down thing after Perez cut off the throw to the plate might have been a point of contention. Then again, it didn't stop 'zim or Johnson from starting Fisk with Lee on the mound.  ;D 

elktonnick

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 29, 2021, 05:18:35 PM
Oh, good. I was a little afraid that Vasquez's littlw head down thing after Perez cut off the throw to the plate might have been a point of contention. Then again, it didn't stop 'zim or Johnson from starting Fisk with Lee on the mound.  ;D

I just hope Perez acts more professionally to night.  I think he can be a difficult guy to handle.  Can't say I have been impressed with his behavior so far.  This team doesn't need a problem in the clubhouse. Not saying he is but quite frankly he isn't that good a pitcher to be a Prima Donna.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: elktonnick on April 29, 2021, 06:38:51 PM

I just hope Perez acts more professionally to night.  I think he can be a difficult guy to handle.  Can't say I have been impressed with his behavior so far.  This team doesn't need a problem in the clubhouse. Not saying he is but quite frankly he isn't that good a pitcher to be a Prima Donna.
I hear ya!
btw - Is he the one who was staring down the 'Sox players that had Remy or someone ridiculing him back in 2016 or 2017?  I remember it was at the Twins, but I go blank from there.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 29, 2021, 06:58:57 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on April 29, 2021, 06:38:51 PM

I hear ya!
btw - Is he the one who was staring down the 'Sox players that had Remy or someone ridiculing him back in 2016 or 2017?  I remember it was at the Twins, but I go blank from there.
Nope, wrong guy. Texas broadcasters noting that Perez pitched for them for something like 5-6 years.

1-1 - Devers somehow hit that pitch.

markj

They have won games with one or two runs, but those are rare. Need more runs.

Sea Dog 23

Another good outing by a starter, but the bats were not noisy after a big travel day.  I think Friday is an off-day this trip.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 29, 2021, 11:18:11 PM
Another good outing by a starter, but the bats were not noisy after a big travel day.  I think Friday is an off-day this trip.

Nope.  The Sox play a 4 game series against the Rangers.
Their off day is Monday.

Sea Dog 23

There's some discussion about the batters beginning to slump, 4 runs in last 3 games for a team at the top on offensive stats.  The only debatable slot might be Kike` as the lead off bat hitting .281 and not looking for walks all the time.  Whereas Verdugo did well before as leadoff, I think batting..303 and .330 OPS (those could be old stats). 

However it's been a hectic first 30 days, and teams are no doubt taking a breath, and pitching catching up with hitting.  The ying and the yang.

MongoLikeSox

To me, last night's performances by both pitchers were lessons in location. Even the big HR showed how missing target with a spinner can be disaster.

I though JD has been not waiting on the pitch like he was earlier in the season. Quite a few times he's rolled over and hit grounders to the left. Game 1 vs the mets, especially.

It seems to me that the wide pitches are getting called a lot more this year. Tom Glavine is probably salivating as we speak.

Bill-806

Well , APRIL is almost ovaa , a good run, but there are still signs that this TEAM will nevaa "EMBRACE PROSPERITY" !!!! Every game COUNTS !!!! iono iono iono iono iono

longgame

Bats have gone dead - 1 run, 1 run, 2 runs the last 3 games.  They've scored 27 in the last 9 games.  That's not going to win a lot of games.

On the other hand starting pitching has been great, so when the bats come around, look out.

Perez is the least of our problems.  Plus he has a personality and seems to be a good teammate.  I have no problem having a #5 starter who is about average and loves the game.  More personality in baseball is good.  Now they need to promote it.  Let the mousy types like Betts and Trout play in LA!

SeaBeachFred

Even before this little drought we are in there was a problem with our team scoring big for a couple of games and then having a bummer of a third.  The cannonading of those games sort of blunted the bad ones.  Now we seem to be in a funk----and we better snap out of it.  Bogaerts and Devers are sieves in the infield and we need  runs to overcome a very mediocre defene at the present time.  Let's try to end the month on a high note and do a helluva lot better at the dish than the last three games.  The Red Sox do not ordinarily do well in low scoring games.