5. Evan White (R) 1B
6. Taylor Trammell (L) LF
7. Luis Torrens (R) C
8. Dylan Moore (R) 2B
9. J.P. Crawford (L) SS

Gametime Temp: 40°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

SeaBeachFred

.....And maybe if we keep Brice and Taylor out of the game we might stand a decent chance of opening this series with a win.  And we must hit better because we seem to go hot and cold with the bat every seco nd of third game.  I also hope that no team in our division suddenly gets hot and runs off a 20 out of 25 game streak because if that happens we could out in the cold.  I don't think we have that kind of a streak in us again.   That nine gamer was great but  we'll be lucky IMHO  to be able to go on  a four of five game streak again.  R emember 2019?  We were champions of being unable to get a good streak going.  and markj---WE CANNOT AFFORD ANY FIVE OR SIX GAME LOSING STREAK EITHER.

Sea Dog 23

At the end of the Twins series starting this year the Sox were a .500 ball club accounting for all games 2019-2021.  Since that series it looks like we split every series and are still .500. At least that is the mark of consistency.

Schloicka

Pitch a 3 hitter and give up 7 runs. Walks will kill you every time. And where is the vaunted Sox offense? Left 9 on base tonight.

BoSoxFanNY

Frustrating loss
Mariners 7 - Sox 3 in 10 innings

Pivetta was pitching SO WELL through the
first 5 innings. Sox were leading 2 - 0.
I HATE when MLB starts to post "no hitter"
going into the 6th inning. Nick gets two outs
and then walks 2 and then a double.
Tie game at 2.

Sox go up 3 - 2, then Seattle ties it.
Matt Barnes pitches a 1-2-3 outs 9th inning.

Mariners score 4 runs in the top of the 10th.

elktonnick

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Schloicka on April 22, 2021, 09:43:05 PM
Pitch a 3 hitter and give up 7 runs. Walks will kill you every time. And where is the vaunted Sox offense? Left 9 on base tonight.

YUP - frustrating loss. Especially because Nick Pivetta was pitching well . . .
AND the offense only gave him 2 runs.  Not much room for error.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on April 22, 2021, 09:43:05 PM

Rotten choke bastards George.  There is no other way to say it that will satisfy me.  We win a couple of games and then act like we're exhausted from the effort and play like a bunch of bums.  Maybe we are just a 500 team because since that nine game winning streak we look like we're, as I said exhausted from the effort.  I saw this same act played in 2019 when defending a WS Title we couldn't get going in the beginning and when we finally did we couldn't win more than three or four games in a row all season.  We look like that team now only without Mookie and David.  We also have developed this filthy habit of having trouble winning at Fenway when we we should be anihilating  teams on our field,.  This game really pissed me off.  We had better not only win tomorrow; w e had better win all three remaining games with the Mariners or we just might be looking at another miserable season

MongoLikeSox

Um, so, dipping my toes in probably first time since before the 2018 season. I'm at a loss of words for this Franchy Cordero thing.

Sea Dog 23

I'm with you, Mongo.  I had this awful, recurring dream about balls hit to LF with a guy with a musical name out there.

longgame

Darwinzon Hernandez stinks.  I thought he had potential but he may be useless.  Can't throw strikes.  Shouldn't be in a close game.  We've got a few good arms in the pen, better than I thought, but it's all or nothing with this pitching staff. 

They have an offensive lineup that clicks, but not when Cordero and Renfro are in.   At least Renfro can field.  Cordero is like Wily Mo Pena without the occasional tape measure shot.   The lineup for this team is clear - Vaz, Dalbec, Arroyo, Bogaerts, Devers, Verdugo and Hernandez.  They really don't have a legit 3rd outfielder between the 3 others - Renfro, Cordero and Martinez.  Gonzalez can back up every position so basically play this lineup and if someone needs a blow you put in Gonzalez.  He'll get plenty of playing time. They should be looking for a major league outfielder. 

MongoLikeSox

It's April and Cora's doing the right things in giving the 2nd, 3rd chances for these guys to get their various jitters out and get their heads in the right places for their jobs. Part 2 of that job is accountability. It's early, but I do expect to see some soon.

That goes for batting order spots, too.

And that goes for giving up on your team one run down. That "don't chase wins" thing on bullpen management was drastically overplayed the other night. (possible unannounced pitcher availability issues not withstanding...) 

Cora did a nice job covering up for Cordero afterwards. This whole thing is their own fault. This has upper-management politics written all over it. He wasn't even ready to play consecutive games at the end of Spring Training, right? Meanwhile..... bah! It's not worth it. Look at me. I'm getting all worked up. Now I'm talking about baseball when I should just be happy just sitting here, playing my guitar and eating too much.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 22, 2021, 10:45:57 PM
Um, so, dipping my toes in probably first time since before the 2018 season. I'm at a loss of words for this Franchy Cordero thing.

Good to have you back Mongo.  Too bad you had to enter under such a miserable state  of last night's choke job.   As for Cordero I think the front office is going to try and sell this guy to us and whether we like him or not will try to ram this dipshit down our throats.  The guy has failed with two teams already, cannot stay healthy, cannot catch a ball even if is rolled to him, and can't hit left handed pitching.  Yet we have a few dodos in the front office to actually believe this guy could be another Big PAPI. How damn dumb to they really think we are?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 23, 2021, 04:28:43 AM
I'm with you, Mongo.  I had this awful, recurring dream about balls hit to LF with a guy with a musical name out there.

Frenchy Franchy is another in a long line of duds that the front office has tried to force upon us and this will end up no better than some of the others.  Remember Bradley?  For seven years they tried to convince us hat his bat would come around and it never did.  He currently is hitting about 200 for the Brewers and has struck out about 25 times already.  Now they trade our former No 1 draft choice in Andrew Benintendi and replace him with this piece of crap.  And don't forget Darwizon or whatever the hell his first name is.  Touted as one of our best pitching prospects in years, the guy pitches like he's  wearing a blindfold.  He stinks in pure English jargon.  Another pitching prospect dud to rank along with Jason Groome.