5. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
6. Marcus Semien (R) 2B
7. Josh Palacios (L) RF
8. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
9. Danny Jansen (R) C

Gametime Temp: 56°F
Chance of Precip: 33%

SeaBeachFred

We need to have Garrett step up tonight and do a solid job.   I remember him as the ace of the Angels staff around a half-dozen years ago and I'm told he still has good stuff after surgery and rest.  We could sure use that tonight.......and give him some solid hitting support to go along with i.

Sea Dog 23

I'm thinking Richards showed his best stuff in LA, in warmer temps.  His last couple starts were in ice box conditions.  So maybe he will turn it around tonight as it's in the 50s.

For the Jays, Thornton is pitching tonight.  Their starters must be over-worked as he is an opener type.  Maybe good for 2 innings.

Sea Dog 23

I'm not sure what has happened to Richards, but he can't seem to find the zone until later in the game.  In years past a pitcher in his condition would go on the IL.

markj

markj

markj

So much for that. Dalbec doesn't seem like a clutch hitter. Not the first time I've seen him end a threat this season.

markj

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 21, 2021, 07:27:02 PM
I'm not sure what has happened to Richards, but he can't seem to find the zone until later in the game.  In years past a pitcher in his condition would go on the IL.

By IL I presume you mean the International.League. 😀

longgame

Richards looked terrible and the whole game was poorly played by both teams.  Just a tough game to watch.  With Richards starting and Taylor at the end, we didn't stand a chance.  But the bats couldn't seem to string anything together either. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 22, 2021, 08:34:38 AM
Richards looked terrible and the whole game was poorly played by both teams.  Just a tough game to watch.  With Richards starting and Taylor at the end, we didn't stand a chance.  But the bats couldn't seem to string anything together either.

Last night was sickening Ted.  First of all Garrett Richards not only can't seem to get out of the first and second innings, but he combines a lot of walks with a bunch of hits careening of enemy bats.  Cora simply cannot keep running him out there as a starter if this keeps up.  He and Taylor should be reduced to mop-up work when games are out of reach until they show they can get the ball over the bplate with something on it   and get us the outs we need to win games.