5. Yermin Mercedes (R) DH
6. Leury Garcia (S) RF
7. Andrew Vaughn (R) LF
8. Zack Collins (L) C
9. Danny Mendick (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 57°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Sea Dog 23

Kopech is a familiar name for the Sox.  I can't remember if he was much of a trade component.  Moncada has proven his worth.

Sea Dog 23

Sox are getting out-pitched and out-hit this series, save for the 8th inning comeback on Saturday.  Larrusa probably has a good book on Boston hitters by now.  We do have Nathan and Eddie ready to go next week.

SeaBeachFred

This DH flop today was pretty hard to take.  We didn't hit, we fell behind gain, and couldn't get the hi ts to catch up.  More alarming is the tendency o play horse shit baseball at home.  Since 2019 the home field doesn't seem to be helping us at all and I think if this keeps up Cora might consider going with a set lineup with an emphasis on playing the young guys under 30.  We most likely are NOT going anywhere this season so the sooner we get our young guns in there I think it will auger well for the future.  The future is NOT now in my honest opinion.  Prove me wrong Red Sox and go out and win five of the next seven games.

longgame

I don't like seven inning games.  The Sox have won a few games already this year with late inning heroics.  Two fewer innings changes the whole dynamic.

They need to configure a consistent lineup.  It seems like Renfro and Franchy are a platoon.  So you've got an OF of Verdugo (RF), Hernandez (CF) and those two in LF.  Nobody else needs to play out there but they have Gonzalez in a pinch.

First base should be Dalbec's job and you've got Gonzalez there to give him some time off, protect him from poor matchups, etc.  I think between all of the infield positions and as a bat off the bench you can use Gonzalez almost every day. 

Of course with an 11AM game after a double header I expect to see a ridiculously poor lineup today.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 19, 2021, 08:31:27 AM
I don't like seven inning games.  The Sox have won a few games already this year with late inning heroics.  Two fewer innings changes the whole dynamic.

They need to configure a consistent lineup.  It seems like Renfro and Franchy are a platoon.  So you've got an OF of Verdugo (RF), Hernandez (CF) and those two in LF.  Nobody else needs to play out there but they have Gonzalez in a pinch.

First base should be Dalbec's job and you've got Gonzalez there to give him some time off, protect him from poor matchups, etc.  I think between all of the infield positions and as a bat off the bench you can use Gonzalez almost every day. 

Of course with an 11AM game after a double header I expect to see a ridiculously poor lineup today.

Well said again my friend.  I think that could work well for us.  I feel Dalbec cannot develop if he is constantly jerked around  the way he has been.  A power hitter like that needs to get his at-bats, hell with the strikeouts until he develops a sounder swing and makes better contact.  It will come unless  they keep running him in and around as they are doing.  He is part of our future.  Gonzales and a few others are no t.  Use them the right way and we could be ok.